Our team has extensive experience in managing all aspects of construction and infrastructure disputes, including:
- Advising clients on emerging problems, before the commencement of formal legal proceedings, to avoid escalation and obtain early resolutions and to optimise the negotiating leverage.
- Delay and disruption, cost overruns, variations, professional negligence, defects, termination issues.
- Deep industry knowledge in particular sectors such as Infrastructure and Defence, Oil and Gas, Power, Shipping and Offshore, Sports, Hotels and Leisure, Technology, Media and Communications and other commercial developments including building construction, schools, and mixed use.
- Experience in international arbitration through all of the major institutions as well as experience of all forms of dispute resolution – litigation, arbitration, expert determination, mediation and adjudication.
- An understanding of all types of construction, engineering, project and infrastructure contracts, including extensive experience drafting and negotiating such contracts.
- Effective marshalling of technical and factual evidence, including working with factual and expert witness.
- Advising on sensible strategies for 'case management' where the dispute necessitates analysis of a great amount of detail, including identifying priority issues and common themes.
- Advising and assisting with claim preparation, document review, document management and electronic record management and disclosure.