EU's Foreign Direct Investment Screening Framework & China's Outbound Investment
DLA Piper and China Data Analysis & Research Hub - CDA invite you to join an exclusive online event discussing the new EU-wide Investment Screening Regulation, directly applicable since 11 October 2020, and its impact on investments from China into the EU.
We will discuss the new FDI-Regulation and its impact on critical infrastructure, technology such as AI and deep tech in Europe from both a legal and an economic as well as a strategic point of view with leading experts from the EU and China.
Sign up today and save your spot!
Framework Conditions from a Governance Perspective
- Cynthia Zimmermann, Director General for European Union and International Market Strategies, Austrian Federal Ministry for Digital and Economic Affairs
- Dr. Hatto Kaefer, Economic Policy Adviser Internal Market for the Representation of the European Commission in Austria (tbc)
Legal Framework: EU-FDI-Regulation
- Dr. Christoph Mager, DLA Piper, Partner and Head of Corporate in Austria
- Mag. Tuğçe Yalçın, DLA Piper, Senior Consultant and Head of Austria-China-Desk
The Impact of the new EU-Regulation and the relevance of FDI from the Corporate and Financial Sector Perspective
- Henry T. Tillman, CDA Corresponding Expert in London/UK
- Francesca Spigarelli, Professor of Economics and Director of China Center, University of Macerata
Impact of the EU-FDI-Regime Changes on Innovation Value Chains of Multinational Enterprises
- N.N., Bank of China (tbc)
- Alexander G. Welzl, President, China Data Analysis & Research Hub – CDA
- Benjamin Wu (…)
Roundtable-Discussion: The Beginning of a New Era for FDI?
- Dr. Alessandro Spano, Member of the Centre for Commercial Law and of the Centre for Law and Governance in Europe, University College London, UK
- Dr. Ludger Giesberts, DLA Piper, Partner and Head of Litigation and Regulatory Group in Germany
- Dr. Thilo Streit LL.M. (UT Austin), DLA Piper, Counsel, Germany
- Masahiko Ishida, DLA Piper, Partner and Head of Corporate in Japan
- Markus H. Stender, Vice-President of CDA
- Mag. Tuğçe Yalçın, BA MA, DLA Piper, Senior Consultant and Head of Austria-China-Desk
13.00 End of the Online Event
DLA Piper, Weiss-Tessbach Rechtsanwälte GmbH, Schottenring 14, 1010 Vienna, Austria
China Data Analysis & Research Hub - CDA, Palais Lieben-Auspitz, Oppolzergasse 6/10, 1010 Vienna, Austria
Markus Stender, Palais Lieben-Auspitz, Oppolzergasse 6/10, 1010 Vienna, Austria