Noura regularly advises on international law, commercial and regulatory disputes, with a focus on economic sanctions and disputes that have a sensitive diplomatic and/or commercial aspect to them.
She is fluent in Arabic and has recent experience assisting clients on litigation in the High Court in London, the Federal Court in New York, and the European Court of Justice. Her international arbitration experience includes advising on an ICSID arbitration.
Noura is also the Vice President of the Arab Lawyers Association in London, having publicly launched the organisation in the House of Lords in January 2018.
- Advising a prominent businessman and philanthropist in relation to US litigation and related matters following the overturn of sanctions imposed upon him in the aftermath of the 9/11 attacks*.
- Challenging sanctions designations in the EU on behalf of a former Head of State and members of his family*.
- Advising an international corporation on its ICSID arbitration proceedings against a State*.
- Advising on a complex shareholder dispute in the Commercial Court in London*.
- Advising a politically exposed person in relation to compliance related issues under the Data Protection Act 2018 and the UK GDPR*.
* Denotes experience from previous firm.
- BPP, Legal Practice Course (LPC), 2019
- School of Oriental and African Studies (SOAS), University of London, Bachelors of Law (LL.B), 2017
- World ECR, Libya Stablization Act: Hard Act to follow for Libya? (December 2021)
- World ECR, Not Court in Favour: Trump, the ICC and International Law (July 2020)
- INFORRM, Disinformation in Libya (July 2020)
- Law Gazette, Managing your online reputation (September 2019)
- Arab Lawyers Forum, London (2022) – Noura is part of the Steering Committee that organises this international annual forum, which most recently took place in the Rosewood Hotel in London.
- SOAS, University of London – Noura regularly gives guest lectures at the university about topics related to public international and media law.
- Milan Chamber of Commerce, Milan (2019) – Noura was invited to attend a conference on Investment in Libya which was hosted by the Libya Center for International Commercial Arbitration and the Italian Foreign Office.
- House of Lords, London (2018) – Noura spoke on a panel about corporate social responsibility with the UK Prime Minister Trade Envoy to Iraq, Azerbaijan, Kazakhstan and Turkmenistan.
- Noura has assisted in pro-bono work for UNESCO, Human Appeal and Lawyers without Borders. She is also a mentor at the Aziz Foundation, a British charity which supports community empowerment and leadership development by improving access to postgraduate education.
Memberships And Affiliations
- Law Society of England & Wales
- Young ICCA