Nur Adnan practices in the area of commercial dispute resolution, with experience in offshore litigation, international and domestic arbitration and investigations. Nur advises major corporates and financial institutions on a broad range of complex commercial disputes and regulatory and compliance matters, including with respect to economic sanctions.
Nur has experience representing clients in a range of sectors, including pharmaceutical, technology, banking, energy and construction.
- Advising Rosneft against Exxon in a USD 1.4bn ICC arbitration over oil migration in the Sakhalin-1 offshore oil and gas project in Russia.*
- *Advising Slater & Gordon in claiming damages for fraudulent misrepresentation, breach of warranty and/or breach of contract in connection with the acquisition of the professional services division of Watchstone Group plc for GBP 637m.*
- Advising an employer in a DIAC arbitration arising out of a contract for the construction of a customs control zone and warehouse in Iraq.*
- Advising the Association of the British Pharmaceutical Industry as an interested party along Novartis Pharmaceuticals UK Limited, the Secretary of State for Health et al. in judicial review proceedings.*
- Advising a leading private equity fund on the Committee on Foreign Investment in the United States regulations and jurisdiction over funds controlled by, or acting on behalf of, foreign governments.
*Denotes experience from a previous firm.
Nur’s pro bono work includes:
- Advising the Office of the High Commissioner for Human Rights and the Association for the Prevention of Torture on developing international guidelines and best practice on prison release schemes.
- Advising UN Women on its engagement with the Iraqi government to advocate an end to gender based violence.
- Advising the International Labour Organisation on persuading GCC governments to issue directives for the protection of construction workers during the COVID-19 outbreak.
- Advising the Clooney Foundation for Justice with TrialWatch research concerning a trial on social media related violations in Egypt.
- Georgetown University Law Center, Master of Laws
- University of London, Master of Laws
- University of Bucharest, Bachelor of Laws
Memberships And Affiliations
- British Institute of International and Comparative Law
- London International Court of Arbitration Young International Arbitration Group
- International Chamber of Commerce Young Arbitrators Forum
- Young Oil Gas Energy Mining Infrastructure Dispute Management