Tomomi FujikougeOf Counsel
Tomomi Fujikouge's principal areas of practice are commercial contracts, IP licensing, outsourcing agreements, data privacy, e-commerce and insurance and financial services regulatory, in particular in respect of outsourcing arrangements of regulated entities.
- Advising US based mobile phone service provider on its outsourcing arrangement from insurance regulatory law perspective.
- Advising UK based IT company on its master service agreement for a software localization project with major Japanese companies.
- Advising US based software company on its master service agreement for a software localization project with major Japanese companies.
- Advising India based IT & outsourcing company on a commercial agreement for a research and development project with major pharmaceutical company.
- Advising India based IT & outsourcing company on commercial negotiations of its outsourcing agreement and software development agreement with a Japanese counter party.
- Advising US based media company on the share purchase of a Japanese company including advice on IP rights.
- Advising US based media company in its acquisition of a Japanese game developing studio led by a top game creator including advice on IP rights.
- Advising an online retailer on its bilingual localized user agreements that include shipping and return policies, incentive programs, licensing issues and privacy policies.
- Advising a Hong Kong financial service provider on scheme of bankruptcy remoteness under Japanese bankruptcy and trust law.
- Osaka University of Foreign Studies, B.A., 1999
- '2023 Overseas Legal News', article in Business Homu, April 2023
- 'Global Legal News' - Recent Trend of EU Web Accessibility, Business Legal Magazine, March 2017
- '2H 2014 Global Legal News (International Dispute, Arbitration)' - Amendment of Singapore Arbitration and Mediation Law, and establishment of Singapore International Commercial Court, Business Legal Magazine, October 2014
- 'World Legal News' - Amendment of PRC Trademark Act, Business Legal Magazine, August 2014
- '1H 2012 Global Legal News (Bankruptcy)' - Amendment of Personal Property Securities Act 2009 in Australia, and amendment of bankruptcy proceedings in Germany, Business Legal Magazine, August 2012
Memberships And Affiliations
- Member of Tokyo Bar Association
- Member of Bankruptcy Lawyer's Network