Terrick McCallumSenior Associate
Terrick is a South African qualified lawyer focusing on construction and commercial arbitration, having represented a wide array of global and regional client’s across the Gulf and Africa in local and international arbitrations.
Terrick has represented clients in numerous arbitration forums including DIFC-LCIA, LCIA, ICC, UNCITRAL, ICSID and AFSA as well as representing clients in disputes before the DIFC and ADGM Courts.
Terrick has acted on high value and complex construction disputes in the energy, infrastructure, civil and hospitality sectors as well as advising clients on complicated multi-jurisdictional commercial disputes.
In addition, Terrick has represented multi-national conglomerates and listed companies in the mining and financial sectors on high value disputes.
- Advising the main contractor on a dispute pertaining to the construction of an oil and gas terminal in Abu Dhabi with a claim value in excess of USD80m.
- Advising the main contractor in a dispute exceeding USD140m pertaining to the development of city complex and marine bridges in Doha, Qatar.
- Advising the developer of a luxury 5 star hotel situated on the Palm, Dubai on various disputes with the Project Engineer, Project Manager and main contractor.
- Advising the developer of a five star luxury hotel in Business Bay, Dubai in respect of a dispute exceeding AED170m against the main contractor.
- Advising a main contractor on a dispute to the value of AED70M pertaining to the development of a retial complex in Dubai.
- Advising a New York Stock Exchange listed multi-national conglomeate on a sharholders dispute exceeding USD20m.
- Advising a client on a coal mining dispute for contractual damages in excess of USD76m.
- University of Johannesburg, LLB, 2015