Duncan has more than 25 years' experience in advising clients on a wide range of legal issues relating to real estate, specialising in high value/high volume transactions including investment acquisition and disposals and transactions with cross border/complex structuring elements.
Duncan undertakes advisory engagements for clients across the Middle East relating to the design and implementation of regulatory systems for the registration and management of real estate at national and project levels.
- Acting for a number of multinationals, including Blackrock, Panasonic, Etihad, Missoni, Christian Dior, Aecom, Lukoil, RBS on their corporate occupier requirements in the Middle East.
- Acting for Lucid, the EV manufacturer, on the real estate aspects of its planned production facility in KSA.
- Reading University, Land Management Bsc; PG Diploma in Law
Duncan is ranked for UAE Real Estate by both Chambers & Partners and Legal 500 Legal Directories.
Chambers Global 2017 found that clients consider that Duncan "has second-to-none market knowledge and is commercially driven and personable." Also adding: "He is an exceptional lawyer who understands the nuances from both a legal and commercial perspective. He understands how the region works and is one of the best real estate advisers I have come across in the UAE. He takes care of clients' interests in an exceptional manner."
- 'Commercial Real Estate Leasing in Abu Dhabi', City Scape Magazine
- 'How Green is your Lease? Implications for Landlords arising out of Estidama', Property Magazine
- 'Construction Labourers' Living and Working Conditions - The Legislative Improvements' (co-author), Arabian Business
- Retail Panel - Middle East Real Estate Summit, Dubai, 14 Nov 2016
- KSA Panel - Middle East Real Estate Summit, Dubai 26 Feb 2018
Memberships And Affiliations
- The Law Society
- Real Estate and Development Group (Abu Dhabi) - Committee Member
My latest insights
DLA Piper advises Ooredoo to create largest tower company in the MENA region valued at...
5 December 2023 .3 minute read
Unveiling Dubai’s Planning Law: Opportunities and implications
9 October 2023 .4 minute read