Carl is a partner in DLA Piper’s employment practice.
He provides strategic advice on all aspects of employment law, including corporate restructures, sales and purchases of businesses, personal grievances, employment agreements and policies, health and safety, human rights and privacy, accident compensation, and collective bargaining.
Carl has regular appearances at mediations and hearings before the Employment Relations Authority and Employment Court.
- Advising multiple global and local organisations on the employment law aspects of sales and purchases of businesses;
- Lead counsel for various organisation in successfully defending reinstatement and personal grievance proceedings;
- Counsel in the leading case before the full Court of the Employment Court on good faith/consultation issues under the Employment Relations Act;
- Undertaking investigations and reviews into matters including bullying, harassment and workplace culture; and
- Advising multiple global and local organisations on the application of the Privacy Act in an employment law and cross-border context.