Georgia Jolink works closely with US and international companies to provide practical solutions to HR and employment issues.
As an employment counselor, Georgia guides multinational employers through all stages of the employment relationship — from pre-hiring and onboarding, to employee management, to termination and post-termination issues. Her experience includes advising on pre-hire background checks, employment and independent contractor agreements, restrictive covenants, employment policies and procedures, global codes of conduct, gender pay audits, global reductions in force and separation and release agreements. Georgia also regularly advises on employee matters in transactions, from initial due diligence through post-acquisition integration.
On the litigation side, Georgia represents clients in employment-related disputes before state and federal courts and agencies. She has successfully represented clients in cases involving breach of contract, restrictive covenant violations, employment discrimination and wage and hour issues. She is well-versed in government contractor compliance and frequently advises on OFCCP audits.
Georgia enjoys presenting on and writing about labor and employment issues. She has contributed articles to Law360, Bloomberg BNA and the Texas State Bar, among other publications.
- J.D., University of Texas School of Law
- B.A., English, Middlebury College
magna cum laude
- "Federal Government Hits Pause on Upcoming Pay Reporting Requirement," The Employer Report (August 31, 2017)
- "Obama's 'Blacklisting' Executive Order Is DOA," The Employer Report (March 30, 2017)
- "Rest Easy: How to Master HR Issues in M&A Deals and Avoid Sleepless Nights," Bloomberg BNA's Daily Labor Report (October 2016)
- "Pay Equity: Everything Employers Need to Know," The Employer Report (September 20, 2016)
- "EEOC to Release Employer Position Statements to All Claimants," The Employer Report (February 24, 2016)
- "Corporate Wellness Programs: How Far Can Employers go to Make Employees Healthy?," The Employer Report (January 20, 2016)
- "FMLA Forms Incorporate GINA Reforms," The Employer Report (July 30, 2015)
- "States Cracking Down On Pregnancy Discrimination," Law360 (July 15, 2014)
- "California Employment Law Briefing," January 15, 2019 (San Francisco) and January 31, 2019 (Los Angeles)
- Prior to joining DLA Piper, Georgia practiced employment law in the Houston office of an international law firm.