Kimberlie Pearlman concentrates her practice in the areas of commercial real estate development, joint venture and real estate investment, leasing, real estate financing, acquisitions and dispositions, property management, and corporate real estate matters.
Kimberlie represents developers, investors and lenders in all aspects of real estate development, investment, and financing transactions, including joint venture and transaction structuring and strategy across property types, including office, medical office, retail, restaurant, affordable and market multifamily, hotel, industrial, manufacturing, storage and vacant.
Kimberlie's prior experience serving as general counsel of a Chicago developer allowed her to build and fine tune her business acumen which she now applies in her practice bringing additional value to clients.
Acquisition, Development and Financing
- Represented developer in the development of:
- a two-tower mixed-use project comprised of residential, office, hotel, gym, retail and parking components in the West Loop
- a luxury rental building with retail in the West Loop
- a 62 acre site in the South Loop including infrastructure, transit, educational institutions, office, residential, retail and public spaces
- a two-tower luxury residential development in Streeterville
- a multi-phased mixed income residential project on the north side of Chicago known as Lathrop Homes
- Represented developer in the multi-layered financing and ground leasing for the $172 million mixed-income multifamily development known as Roosevelt Square Phase 3B, which contains 222 new mixed-income units and 184 renovated affordable units in three (3) new construction buildings and several renovated buildings, including one which will also house The National Public Housing Museum.
- Represented client in the acquisition of 340 acres in Chesterfield County, Virginia from the county economic development authority for the development of a $1B carbon-neutral run manufacturing facility.
- Represented client in the $320 million acquisition of ten (10) storage properties in New York, Oregon, Washington, Colorado and California.
- Represented client in connection with the $636 million acquisition, corporate structuring and financing of sixty-six (66) medical office buildings in sixteen (16) states.
- Represented borrower in connection with $410 million first mortgage loan for the acquisition of Prudential Plaza in Chicago.
- Represented borrower in connection with $183 million first mortgage loan for the acquisition of Four Seasons Hotel in Irving, Texas.
- Represented client in acquisition of two (2) portfolios of multifamily properties in greater Atlanta, Georgia.
- Represented client in acquisition of shopping center in Woodbury, Minnesota.
- Represented developer in connection with multi-tiered financing, including $353 million first mortgage loan, for the development of an office building in Chicago.
- Represented developer in connection with financing for development of condominium project in Chicago.
- Represented developer in connection with acquisition and financing for development of multi-family project in Chicago.
- Represented transportation company in real estate matters in connection with multiple stock and asset acquisitions, including fee and leasehold issues.
- Represented food bank in contract negotiations for the acquisition of former naval base.
- Represented borrower in local counsel matters in multiple $50+ million refinances of more than 100 storage sites.
- Represent joint venture in acquisition, development and financing of medical office buildings located in the continental United States.
- Represented not-for-profit client in the negotiations of a bridge loan and a permanent loan for the development of a charter school.
- Represented preferred equity investor in several joint venture multi-family projects in Massachusetts and Texas.
- Represented client in disposition of various properties, including vacant land and office properties.
- Represented borrowers in deeds in lieu of foreclosure transactions for the conveyance of (i) a shopping center to the mortgage lender, and (ii) a luxury condominium project in Chicago to the mortgage lender.
- Represented lender in connection with loan for the construction of luxury condominium project in Chicago.
- Represented lender in restructuring of existing $157 million mortgage debt encumbering thirteen (13) properties in nine (9) states.
- Represented mezzanine lender in connection with loan for the acquisition and renovation of a multifamily project in Atlanta, Georgia.
- Represented lender in deed in lieu of foreclosure transaction for the conveyance of eleven (11) hotel properties to lender.
- Represented client in bid to bank for purchase of non-performing mortgage loans and REO.
- Represented lender in $40+ million loan for the acquisition and development of an airplane hangar at O'Hare.
- Represented developer, as ground lessee, in several ground leases with the Chicago Housing Authority for the leasehold ownership and development of Lathrop Homes and Roosevelt Square.
- Represented client in the sale and leaseback of three (3) properties in Texas to be operated as premier childcare centers.
- Represented transportation company in leasing matters affecting depot and parking sites nationwide.
- Represented landlord in leasing matters for medical office properties nationwide.
- Represented tenant in lease negotiation for 30,000 square feet in Willis Tower.
- Represented landlord in lease negotiations with national retail and restaurant tenants for new constructi0on buildings in shopping center developments.
- J.D., Law, John Marshall Law School
- B.A., Political Science, University of Illinois
Memberships And Affiliations
- American Bar Association
- Illinois Bar Association