Jarred L. ReilingOf Counsel
Jarred Reiling is an FDA and life-sciences attorney with over 10 years’ experience in FDA and healthcare regulatory compliance and related litigation. Jarred has helped market-leading companies in the pharmaceutical, medical device, tobacco, cannabis, and healthcare sectors with regulatory strategy and compliance, Congressional and parallel investigations and enforcement actions, and white-collar and bet-the-company litigation. He has helped a variety of companies expand into new market opportunities and develop a multifaceted, interdisciplinary approach to balance risk mitigation with commercial success.
He has represented clients in a wide range of matters at the trial and appellate level in state and federal courts, as well as before the U.S. Food and Drug Administration and the U.S. Department of Justice. His clients have included market-leading pharmaceutical, medical device, and cosmetic companies, as well as pharmacies, hospitals, universities, and private equity firms.
Jarred’s experience extends to a wide range of subject areas, including clinical trial agreement negotiation and compliance; digital health; import/export; investigation and litigation under the False Claims Act, Stark Law, and Anti-Kickback Statute; and product liability litigation.
- Represented a market-leading tobacco company in connection with FDA regulatory compliance and related litigation.
- Represented life sciences companies in connection with House and Senate committee inquiries and ethics investigations.
- Advised numerous companies related to cannabis regulatory compliance.
- Advised drug and device companies related to clinical trial regulatory and compliance issues, and negotiating clinical trial agreements.
- Represented an academic medical center in a False Claims Act investigation involving allegations of violations of the Medicare provider-based facility rule.
- Represented a hernia mesh manufacturer in a multi-district litigation with over 1,000 plaintiffs, in addition to numerous “one-off” cases across the country.
- Represented a compounding pharmacy, engaged in telemedicine, in a False Claims Act qui tam action involving allegations of violations of the Anti-Kickback Statute, the Stark Law, and the Food, Drug & Cosmetic Act.
- J.D., Florida International University
valedictorian, summa cum laude
- B.A., Florida Atlantic University
Jarred’s pro bono practice has always been a key focus in his career, and has received several awards for his dedication to pro bono service.
- Domestic violence. He has extensive experience representing domestic violence survivors seeking protection and agency to move forward with the rest of their lives.
- Pro bono appellate. He has also been appointed several times by the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit to provide pro bono representation in immigration appeals and personal injury cases.
- LGBTQ+ advocacy and counseling. He has worked with leading organizations focused on issues impacting the LGBTQ+ community, including transgender rights litigation and crisis services to LGBTQ+ youth.
- Juvenile resentencing. He has also represented clients sentenced as juveniles seeking consideration of a new sentence.
- Hon. Adalberto Jordan, United States Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit
- Hon. Beth Bloom, United States District Court for the Southern District of Florida
Memberships And Affiliations
- Food and Drug Law Institute, Publications Committee
- Florida Bar Leadership Academy Committee
- Florida Bar Leadership Academy, Class IV
- Florida Bar Diversity and Inclusion Committee
- City of Miami Beach, Human Rights Committee
- Florida International University College of Law Alumni Association, Past President
My latest insights
FDA will pursue a legislative fix for CBD – What does that really mean?
7 February 2023 .5 minute read
The SAFE Banking Act and CLIMB Act would give comfort to financial institutions that elect...
8 August 2022 .7 minute read