Alberto RubioHe/himSenior Associate
Alberto Rubio is a Senior Associate in the Finance, Projects & Restructuring department at the Madrid office, after joining the firm in July 2014.
Alberto has been actively involved in advising domestic and internationally based banks, financial institutions, private equity investors and borrowers alike in successfully entering into all kinds of financing transactions (leveraged financing (LBOs), corporate financing, real estate financing, project finance transactions, etc.). He has also worked on complex refinancing and restructuring processes, both at a national and international level, and has also been recently involved in financing transactions through private placements.
Alberto is familiar with working in multijurisdictional transactions too, both leading teams across multiple jurisdictions and assisting the lead counsel (whether internal or external) with any necessary local input in broader cross-border transactions. He has regular exposure to various debt advisors active in the Spanish market.
He has collaborated in certain publications on issues related to the documentation of and entering into financing transactions in specialized local media.
- Advising the financial entities in several domestic and international LBOs, setting an example with the advice to a syndicate of Spanish financial entities in a syndicated financing transaction granted to IVI RMA Group, the world's leading reproductive medicine group, for the acquisition of UK-based Create Fertility, as well as to finance certain corporate purposes.
- Advising a series of investors in several financing transactions (whether via direct lending or bonds issuances) granted to Futbol Club Barcelona for certain general corporate needs and, ultimately, for initiating the development of its new stadium. This transaction is a key transaction within the international sports and entertainment sector.
- Advising the financial entities in different corporate financing transactions with guarantee from ICO (the State Finance Agency) granted to Iberia Líneas Aéreas de España and Vueling Airlines, to Técnicas Reunidas and to Unión Químico Farmacéutica.
- Advising either the sponsor or the financial entities in a bunch of project finance transactions for, by way of example, the refurbishment and repositioning of a hotel located in Marbella, the construction, start-up and operation of a wastewater treatment plan in Tarragona or the construction, development and opening to the public of a couple of students residences located in Madrid and Seville.
- Advising GLP, a leading global investment manager in logistics, in a major real estate financing transaction granted by BNP Paribas and RBC and amounting up to €200M for the investment, acquisition or development of a series of logistics assets located in Spain, Germany and the Netherlands.
- Advising the French fund Tikehau Investment Management in a series of financing transactions through private placements as the one granted to GTCEISU Construcción for the acquisition of Terratest Group.
- Law degree, University of Rosario School of Law 1995
- 2013 - 2014 Universidad Pontificia de Comillas (ICADE), Master in Business Law
- 2007 - 2013 Universidad Autónoma de Madrid, Law degree
- "El Cash-pooling en el contexto de operaciones de financiacion", Revista Lex Mercatoria, 2022
- Jul. 2014 - To date Lawyer at DLA Piper Spain
- Sep. 2013 - Feb. 2014 Professional internship at Heineken
- Apr. 2013 - May. 2014 Professional internship at KPMG Abogados
Memberships And Affiliations