Ricardo Caiado LimaPartner
Ricardo advises individuals and corporations in compliance, investigations, and white-collar crimes.
He supports clients in a range of compliance matters including integrity risk assessments, implementation of compliance programs from scratch, corporate investigations, and ABC due diligences in M&A projects.
He also has experience in the vast Brazilian criminal legislation, supporting clients in corporate criminal litigation, legal opinions, and implementation of corporate programs to prevent money laundering and terrorism financing.
- Conduction of an internal investigation as part of a leniency agreement entered between the client and the Brazilian Law Enforcement Agencies (the largest ever signed in Brazil). The investigation aimed at obtaining evidence of wrongdoing disclosed by shareholders and directors, as well as additional information on potential other wrongdoing that could be uncovered during the investigation. The case was unprecedented in Brazil, the internal investigation was monitored by an independent committee and the final report was submitted to the competent Brazilian Law Enforcement Agencies.
- Conduction of an internal investigation to assess the investments made by a large pension fund in two equity investment funds. The investigation was conducted in the context of large government criminal investigation called "Operação Greenfield", the final report was delivered to Federal Prosecutors and supported the client's collaboration position.
- Coordination of a large internal investigation to assess wrongdoing disclosed by whistle-blowers. The wrongdoing involved different schemes of fund's misappropriation by the CEO, the CFO, and lower-level employees from the client's Brazilian subsidiary. An operation coordinated with the company's headquarters board in the US, an external forensics company and CMA's compliance, tax, labor, and corporate teams was set to collect devices for evidence gathering, document review and termination of the involved employees.
Masters Business Administration in Compliance and Fraud Risks Management, Fundação Instituto de Administração (FIA) 2019
Specialization in Compliance, Instituto Ensino e Pesquisa (INSPER) 2016
Post-graduate Degree in White-Collar and Corporate Crime Law, Faculdade de Direito da Universidade de Coimbra e Instituto Brasileiro de Ciências Criminais 2014
Post-graduate Degree in Criminal Law and Procedure, Universidade Anhanguera-Uniderp e Instituto Panamericano de Política Criminal 2012
Law Degree, Universidade Federal do Espírito Santo 2009
- Chambers Global
- Up and Coming, Brazil (Campos Mello Advogados) Compliance (2023)
- Chambers Brazil
- Up and Coming, Brazil (Campos Mello Advogados) Compliance (2021 - 2023)
- Who's Who Legal
- Future Leaders – Partners, Investigations (2022 - 2023)
- The Legal 500 Latin America
- Mentioned, Compliance (2021 - 2022)
- Leaders League
- Brazil, Leader of valuable practice, Compliance (2020 - 2022)
- Co-author, "Managing Investigations - Best practice in Government and Internal Investigations, WorldECR, July 2021
- Co-author, "Advocacia contemporânea e a interdisciplinaridade do direito penal empresarial," Editora D'Plácido, 2021
- Co-author, "Compliance no Direito Penal, Volume 5," Revista Dos Tribunais, August 31, 2020
- Mentioned, "Conflito de interesses publico privado," Valor, September 9, 2021
- Mentioned, "Os programas de compliance na nova Lei de Licitações e seus desafios," ESTADÃO, August 8, 2021
Memberships And Affiliations
- Brazilian Bar Association, São Paulo and Rio de Janeiro
- International Bar Association (IBA)
- Association of Certified Fraud Investigators (ACFE)
- Instituto Brasileiro de Ciências Criminais (IBCCRIM)