Mark Dwyer coordinates the firm’s global approach to financial services clients. He has over 25 years’ experience of helping banks and corporate clients with banking and debt capital markets transactions, derivatives and structured finance matters.
Mark works with clients in a range of industries including banking and financial services, private equity, telecoms, real estate, retail, food and pharmaceuticals. He has established a particularly strong borrower finance offering advising investment grade and listed corporates across their capital structure on all their financing and corporate treasury matters needs. He is also recognised for his expertise on certain funds financing of UK public takeovers of listed companies.
He regularly speaks at external financial services sector conferences and events.
His experience includes advising:
• Azrieli Group on the syndicated refinancing of its USD850m acquisition of Norwegian data centre provider Green Mountain, and the financing considerations of Green Mountain's expansion into the United Kingdom.
• Veon Holdings on over USD5bn of financing facilities, including its USD1.25bn term and revolving credit facilities agreement.
• Concord Music, a leading independent music company, in connection with financing the purchasing of the publishing and recorded music catalogues of Phil Collins, Tony Banks and Mike Rutherford, individually and as members of the band Genesis and on a USD1bn debt financing involving a USD600m term loan B debt offering and USD450m revolving credit facility.
• Elekta AB on the establishment of its EUR2bn Euro Medium Term Note programme.
• Workspace Group plc on its group revolving credit facilities and on amendments to the facilities of Mckay Securities plc following its takeover by Workspace and on several private placement note issues.
• Neqsol Holdings on the bridge financing and bond take-out for its USD743m acquisition of Vodafone Ukraine and on a consent solicitation exercise to amend certain terms of the bond financing.
• Philip Morris International on its GBP1bn recommended public offer for Vectura Group plc.
• First Rand Limited on the financing aspects of its GBP1.1bn takeover of Aldermore Group plc.
• Heineken UK Limited on the financing aspects of its GBP340m takeover of Punch Taverns plc.
• A consortium jointly led by Metric Capital Partners, the European private capital group, on a minority investment in Dream International B.V., a Dutch company operating in the global fine-dining restaurant market.
• Global Telecom Holding, an Egyptian listed company, on a USD200m bridge facility to finance a tender offer to buy back 10% of its share capital, and subsequently the finance aspects of VEON's mandatory tender offer for the remaining shares in Global Telecom Holding which won “Telecom M&A Deal of the Year – Emerging Markets” at the TMT M&A Awards.
• Merlin Entertainments plc on the refinancing of its bank facilities including an increased and extended GBP 600 million revolving credit facility and the English law aspects of its issue of US$400,000,000 5.75% Senior Notes due 2026.
• Grupo Antolín-Irausa, S.A. on the English law aspects of the issue of its EUR250m 3.375% Senior Secured Notes due 2026.
• Gestamp Automoción, S.A. on the English law aspects of the issue of its EUR400m 3.25% Senior Secured Notes due 2026.
• KOIS, an impact investment and finance advisory firm, on a pro bono basis in relation to the first tranche of a Development Impact Bond for Syrian refugees in Jordan and Lebanon.
- University of Oxford, BCL, 1995
- University of Dublin, Trinity College, LL.B. (Hons), 1993
Awards and recognition
- Leading individual, Bank Lending: Investment Grade Debt and Syndicated Loans, London, The Legal 500 UK 2020-22
- Ranked lawyer, Banking & Finance: Mid-Market, London, Chambers UK 2022
- Recommended lawyer, Acquisitions Finance, Debt Capital Markets, Derivatives and Structured Products, and Securitisation, London, The Legal 500 UK 2022
Memberships And Affiliations
- Law Society
My latest insights
The Ripple Effect: Continuing global impact of US bank failures
15 November 2023 .1 minute read
DLA Piper advises YouGov on the acquisition of GfK's consumer panel business
13 July 2023 .2 minute read