Roger HawkinsSpecial Counsel
Roger Hawkins Is a Special Counsel in the corporate team focusing on cross border and domestic public and private company M&A, private equity, equity capital markets and corporate advisory.
He has experience of acting on a number of high profile, complex cross-border transactions with significant experience on transactions in the Asia-Pacific region.
He acts for clients across a number of industry sectors, but has particular experience and focus in the Energy and Natural Resources sector.
- Advising Busy Bees on its acquisition of Think Childcare Group (ASX: formerly TNK) by scheme of arrangement.
- Advising Saracen Mineral Holdings Limited (formerly ASX: SAR) on its AUD16bn merger with Northern Star Resources Limited (ASX: NST) to create a top-10 global gold company.
- Advising Saracen Mineral Holdings Limited (formerly ASX: SAR) on a AUD796m equity raising, one of the largest capital raisings in the gold sector to fund its acquisition of Barrick Gold Corporation Limited’s 50% interest in the Kalgoorlie Consolidated Gold Mines (KCGM) ‘Super Pit’ Joint Venture for AUD1.1bn.
- Advising Iberdrola on its successful AUD893m contested takeover bid for Infigen Energy.
- Advising litigation funder IMF Bentham Limited on a AUD139m underwritten institutional placement and pro rata accelerated non-renounceable entitlement offer.
- Advising Ansteel on its Karara Iron Ore joint venture with Gindalbie Metals (which owns iron ore projects in Western Australia), AUD162m equity placement in Gindalbie and Ansteel's subsequent acquisition of Gindalbie Metals and spin off of Coda Minerals by schemes of arrangement.*
- Advising Banpu Public Company Limited on its successful AUD2.5bn takeover bid for Centennial Coal, Australia’s largest independent coal producer with nine operating coal mines in New South Wales and various exploration and pre-development projects.*
- Advising Thailand’s PTT Public Company on its USD335m acquisition of a 60% interest in Straits Bulk and Industrial.*
- Advising CST Minerals on its USD211m acquisition of the Martabe Project, an Indonesian gold project, from Oz Minerals.*
- Advising CST Minerals on its USD600m placing on the Stock Exchange of Hong Kong and AUD135m acquisition of the Lady Annie copper mine in Queensland from Cape Lambert.*
* Denotes experience from a previous firm
- University of Western Australia, LLB, 2001
- University of Western Australia, Bachelor of Arts, 2001
Memberships And Affiliations
- Law Society of Western Australia