Sanjay M. JoshiPartner
Sanjay Joshi has practiced securities law within some of the world’s largest corporate law firms for over 20 years.
He regularly manages significant multi-jurisdictional M&A and corporate finance transactions, as well as Canadian and US public company listings. Sanjay’s practice is principally focused on AgTech, worldwide mining and US/Canadian retail and manufacturing. He acts as lead corporate counsel for, among others, an international large-scale indoor and vertical farm, several US omni-channel platforms for various health and wellness brands and a large scale US retail skincare line. Additionally, Sanjay advises numerous global mining companies in all aspects of their stock exchange listings and capital raising issues.
Sanjay was selected as one of Lexpert’s Rising Stars: Leading Lawyers Under 40; recognized by the publication Best Lawyers (Corporate Law) and, among other distinctions, noted in the Lexpert Guide to the Leading US/Canada Cross-Border Corporate Lawyers. Additionally, Sanjay was an adjunct professor at the Faculty of Law, Queen’s University for several years where he taught Advanced Securities Law.
- LL.B., Queen's University, 1999
- B.A., Simon Fraser University, 1995
- Best Lawyers in Canada (Corporate Law), 2022-2024
- Listed as a “Lawyer to Watch” in The Lexpert Guide to the Leading US/Canada Cross-Border Corporate Lawyers, 2008
- Listed as one of Lexpert Rising Stars: Leading lawyers under 40, 2007
- Canadian Legal Lexpert Directory, (Corporate Mid-Market) 2023
Memberships And Affiliations
- Member, Canadian Bar Association
- Member, Law Society of Ontario
- Member, Law Society of British Columbia
- Member, Ontario Bar Association
- Former adjunct professor teaching advanced securities law, Faculty of Law, Queen’s University 2008 to 2011
My latest insights
DLA Piper Canada congratulates Hispania Resources Inc. for TSXV market opening
19 December 2022 .1 minute read
DLA Piper (Canada) LLP recognized in the 2022 Best Lawyers in Canada guide
25 August 2021 .66 minute read