Grant Koch is an M&A and corporate advisory lawyer who heads up DLA Piper's Corporate team in Australia. He also leads DLA Piper's Private Equity practice in Australia.
Grant has over 25 years' experience across a range of private equity and public M&A transactions, having advised many of the most successful private equity funds and corporations on acquisitions, divestments, investments and restructurings in Australia, the Asia-Pacific region, the US and the UK.
- Advising KKR in connection with the sale of its interest in GenesisCare to a consortium comprising China Resources and Macquarie for a consideration valuing GenesisCare at AUD1.69 billion.
- Advising KKR in connection with its participation in the KKR/ Värde Partners/ Deutsche Bank AG consortium vehicle which successfully acquired GE Capital‘s AUD8.2 billion Australian and New Zealand consumer credit business.
- Advising Pacific Equity Partners' owned Link Group on its AUD2.3 billion IPO, the largest IPO in Australia in 2015.
- Advising UBS in connection with acquisition of 40% interests in Stella Travel and Mantra Group from CVC in connection with a debt-for-equity swap, ongoing shareholder/ regulatory matters and subsequent disposals.
- Advising Link Group on the acquisition of SuperPartners.
- Advising Intermediate Capital Group on its acquisition of Everlight Radiology.
- Advising Pacific Equity Partners in connection with the acquisition of Australian Administration Services and Atune, superannuation administration business, from KAZ Group Pty limited, a Telstra subsidiary, for approximately AUD235 million.
- Advising Unitas Capital in relation to the sale of Exego Group, one of Australia's leading auto-aftermarket retailer, to Genuine Parts Company for in excess of AUD1 billion.
- Advising Navis Capital in connection with the disposal of Peoplebank, Australia’s leading IT recruitment company, to Recruit Holdings, a Japanese listed company.
- Advising Archer Capital on the sale of The Cellarmasters Group to Woolworths for AUD340 million.
- The University of Nottingham, LLB (Hons)
- Nottingham Law School (Dip Legal Practice)
- Grant has been listed by Chambers Asia-Pacific as one of Australia's leading private equity lawyers 2012-2021.
- Grant is recognised by Best Lawyer's International 2013-2021 as a Leading Lawyer in five categories (Mergers & Acquisitions Law, Corporate Law, Private Equity, Venture Capital Law and Leveraged Buyouts) and in 2015 he was awarded Best Lawyers' Venture Capital Lawyer of the Year.
- Legal500 Asia Pacific recognises Grant as a Recommended Practitioner for Corporate and M&A, 2021
- Grant is listed as Highly Regarded by IFLR1000 2022 in Private Equity and M&A.
- He was also a Finalist in the Australasian Lawyer’s 2016 and 2018 “Australian Dealmaker of the Year” Award and a Finalist in the Lawyers Weekly “Australian Dealmaker of the Year 2016”.