Ekaterina Larens (Matveychuk)She/herCounsel
Ekaterina Larens is a corporate lawyer, with over 17 years' experience advising multinational clients in connection with M&A, real estate and finance transactions.
Ekaterina has vast experience in multijurisdictional transactions all over Europe.
- Advising Italian client in connection with entering into the lease agreement and hotel management agreements with world famous Hotel operator in relation to four star hotel in the center of Milan.
- Advising the Luxembourg fund in connection with acquisition of an office center building nestled in the heart of Islington, London (including finance aspects).
- Advised Gazprom Export on the acquisition of 100% of the shares in Centrex Europe & Energy Gas AG from Gazprombank.
- Advising Renaissance Insurance Group, a Russian investment company, on the sale of its 100% stake in non-state pension fund Renaissance Pensions to the non-state pension fund of Sberbank, Russia’s largest bank.
- Advising FFF Real Estate S.à.r.l., a subsidiary of FFF Fund I SCSp SICAV-RAIF, a multi-compartment-regulated Luxembourg fund managed by a Cyprus-based management company, on financing provided to a residential real estate developer for the acquisition and further development of a residential project in Hesperange (Luxembourg).
- Advising FFF Real Estate S.à.r.l., a subsidiary of FFF Fund I SCSp SICAV-RAIF, a multi-compartment-regulated Luxembourg fund managed by a Cyprus-based management company, on financing provided to Luxembourg residential real estate developer for the acquisition and development of an O’Cite residential project in Luxembourg.
- Advising Pfizer on its investment in, and collaboration with, the Russian pharmaceutical company NovaMedica, including licensing, manufacturing, supply and joint venture arrangements (voted "Deal of the Year 2017“ by industry peers at the Platinum Ounce awards, an annual Russian pharmaceutical industry awards ceremony).*
- Advising Abbott, American pharmaceutical company on the acquisition of Veropharm a leading Russian pharmaceutical manufacturer, including notification on a buy-out claim right and buy-out of shares held by minority shareholders.*
- Advising an Austrian portfolio company on the proposed acquisition of a former factory area for conversion into a business park and construction of four office buildings and one 4-star hotel in the city center of Moscow.*
- Advising MSREF VII Global-GP, L.P. on the acquisition by a Real Estate Fund of the 205,000 sq.m. Metropolis shopping centre, one of the largest centers in Russia and part of an office and retail complex totaling 300,000 sq.m ( Deal of the year by CRE Awards 2014).*
- Plekhanov Russian University of Economics “Legal basis and legal practices of work with cryptocurrency and blockchain projects” (2019)
- Insead course 2018 (Broadening Business Perspective Course)
- Lomonosov Moscow State University (with honors), specialization: commercial law (2006)
- Comments to the Bill on Personal Data Protection Regulation (June 2019)
- Amendments to the Joint Stock Company Law ( April 2016)
- Speech in relation to Big Data Regulations on Car Connected Conference (2019)
- Speech in Expert council of Russian State Duma On the Legal Regulations of National Technical Initiatives (July 2019)
- Moderator of the panel discussion dedicated to the draft law on regulation of sandboxes in Russian Federation
- 2005-2019 – Senior Associate in the corporate practice of an international law firm, Moscow
Lecturing and charitable work
- Lecturing at the High School of Economics, Moscow – Corporate and M&A
- Lecturing at Plekhanov Russian University of Economics – Digital legislation and standards
- Gratitude of Ministry for Social, Demographic and Family Policy of Samara Region of Russian Federation for volunteer fundraising and help to state enterprise, that renders services to the disabled children.
- Initiated and participated in project "Generation Bridge" on behalf of the former employer, an international law firm, who, together with United Ways, arranged photo courses for the kids from an orphanage and sold the photos at an auction. The funds collected were transferred to the home for elderly people.
Memberships And Affiliations
- Commission on support of digital economy Moscow, Department of Association of Lawyers of Russia
- Association of Russian lawyers, member of Commission for corporate law
- Expert member of tender “Digital decisions for Regions” conducted by Agency of Strategic Initiatives
My latest insights
DLA Piper advises Russia’s Gazprom Export on the acquisition of Centrex Europe & Energy...
1 July 2021 .2 minute read
DLA Piper advises Renaissance Insurance Group on sale of its pension fund to non-state...
6 June 2021 .2 minute read