Cameron Jay RainsChairman Emeritus
Jay Rains concentrates his practice in corporate finance, venture capital, strategic partnering, SEC registered public offerings, and mergers and acquisitions.
Jay is a member of DLA Piper's Global Board, Executive Committee and Policy Committee.
Consumer and Related
- P.F. Chang's China Bistro, Inc.
- Jack in the Box
- Garden Fresh Restaurant Corp. (Souplantation)
- Jamba, Inc.
Technology and Life Sciences
- QUALCOMM Incorporated
- Life Technologies Corporation
- CareFusion Corporation
- J.D., University of Notre Dame Law School 1981
summa cum laude
- B.A., Political Science, College of the Holy Cross 1978
The Best Lawyers in America and as a San Diego Super Lawyer. In 2006, 2007 and 2010 the San Diego Daily Transcript named him among San Diego County's Top Attorneys, "the peer-selected best and brightest in San Diego's legal arena."
- Chambers USA
2017 - Band 4, Southern California Corporate/M&A
Chambers comments, "Jay Rains is the global co-CEO of the firm and offers clients a great deal of experience in handling complex corporate matters across a range of industries. 'He is a senior and trusted advisor and his counsel is always highly prized,' remark market commentators."
2015-16 - Band 4, Southern California Corporate/M&A
2012-14 - Band 3, Southern California Corporate/M&A
- The Legal 500 United States
2016 - Recommended, Venture Capital & Emerging Companies
2014 - Recommended, M&A: Middle-Market ($500m-$999m)
Civic and Charitable
- Executive Committee, United States Golf Association, 2003 – 2010
- Vice President, United States Golf Association, 2008 – 2010
- Co-General Chairman, 2008 US Open Championship
- Past President and Member of the Board of Directors of the Century Club of San Diego (General Chairman of the Year 2000 Buick Invitational)
- UCSD "CONNECT" Program for Technology and Entrepreneurship
- San Diego Venture Group