Petr Šabatka is the Head of Litigation and Regulatory department in DLA Piper Prague. He has over 15 years’ experience advising and representing clients in the financial services, real estate and technology sectors on disputes, insolvency and regulatory matters.
Petr has long-term working relationship with various financial institutions. He has experience in representing clients in various types of disputes, including commercial disputes, corporate disputes, construction disputes, technology disputes and debt collection disputes. He regularly represents clients in insolvency proceedings and advises on various regulatory issues and projects in the financial services and technology sectors.
- Regularly representing UniCredit Bank Czech Republic and Slovakia and other UniCredit group companies in insolvency proceedings. This includes representing the clients at creditors' committees, creditors' meetings, incidental disputes and inter-creditor disputes. Petr advised, for example, on the insolvencies of the debtors LESS, LESS & FOREST, PAPCEL, AMATI – Denak, TENZA, VITKOVICE POWER ENGINEERING and VITKOVICE MECHANIKA.
- Representing ŠkoFIN s.r.o., a member of Volkswagen Financial Services and the leading Czech automotive related financial services provider, as creditor in ongoing insolvency proceedings and insolvency litigation.
- Representing Raiffeisenbank in the insolvency proceedings of a Danish energy company Nordstrøm Invest.
- Representing a global event management company in a cross-border dispute with a public authority over the realization of the Czech pavilion at the 2020 EXPO in Dubai.
- Representing Compass Group Czech Republic, a Czech branch of the largest contract foodservice company in the world, in complex employment litigation with its former employee. The litigation involved multiple proceedings held before the courts of all instances including Supreme Court and Constitutional Court.
- Representing a major Czech developer in a complex dispute regarding the development of a shopping center for a major international food chain.
- Representing a local search company that develops digital maps and guides of cities as the defendant in arbitration before the Arbitration Court attached to the Czech Chamber of Commerce and the Agricultural Chamber of the Czech Republic against a multimillion-EUR post-acquisition claim raised by former shareholders.
- Representing XL Catlin Services, an insurance company and member of AXA Group, in four court litigations regarding insurance indemnity claims raised by the Czech transport company. One of the disputes involved representation before the European Court of Justice in preliminary ruling proceedings concerning the interpretation of Regulation (EC) No 1896/2006 of the European Parliament and of the Council, which was concluded in favor of the client.
- Defending Czech healthcare software developer in multiple court proceedings with its Slovak competitor over the alleged unfair competition behavior and intellectual property infringement and over the related claims of the client.
- Representing the UK-based airline carrier in a number of disputes concerning the purchase of flight tickets by passengers for extremely low erroneous fares.
- Representing a JV vehicle of multinational investors in arbitration before the Czech Arbitration Court against a CZK120 million claim arising from a pre-contractual agreement relating to a real estate investment opportunity.
- Masaryk University in Brno, Faculty of Law, Mgr., 2005
- September 2014 - to date, Partner, DLA Piper Prague LLP, Prague
- 2010 - August 2014, Partner, Haškovcová&Co., Prague
- 2007 - 2010, Associate, bpv Braun Haškovcová s.r.o., Prague
- 2005 - 2006, Associate, Sodomka Souček Jindra Mokrý & partners, Prague