Head of Corporate, Australia
Grant Koch is an M&A and corporate advisory lawyer who heads up DLA Piper's Corporate team in Australia. He also leads DLA Piper's Private Equity practice in Australia.
Grant has over 25 years' experience across a range of private equity and public M&A transactions, having advised many of the most successful private equity funds and corporations on acquisitions, divestments, investments and restructurings in Australia, the Asia-Pacific region, the US and the UK.
Areas of FocusCorporateFinancePrivate EquityMergers and Acquisitions
Professional QualificationsSolicitor of the Senior Courts of England and WalesSolicitor of the Supreme Court of New South Wales
- Advising KKR in connection with the sale of its interest in GenesisCare to a consortium comprising China Resources and Macquarie for a consideration valuing GenesisCare at AUD1.69 billion.
- Advising KKR in connection with its participation in the KKR/ Värde Partners/ Deutsche Bank AG consortium vehicle which successfully acquired GE Capital‘s AUD8.2 billion Australian and New Zealand consumer credit business.
- Advising Pacific Equity Partners' owned Link Group on its AUD2.3 billion IPO, the largest IPO in Australia in 2015.
- Advising UBS in connection with acquisition of 40% interests in Stella Travel and Mantra Group from CVC in connection with a debt-for-equity swap, ongoing shareholder/ regulatory matters and subsequent disposals.
- Advising Link Group on the acquisition of SuperPartners.
- Advising Intermediate Capital Group on its acquisition of Everlight Radiology.
- Advising Pacific Equity Partners in connection with the acquisition of Australian Administration Services and Atune, superannuation administration business, from KAZ Group Pty limited, a Telstra subsidiary, for approximately AUD235 million.
- Advising Unitas Capital in relation to the sale of Exego Group, one of Australia's leading auto-aftermarket retailer, to Genuine Parts Company for in excess of AUD1 billion.
- Advising Navis Capital in connection with the disposal of Peoplebank, Australia’s leading IT recruitment company, to Recruit Holdings, a Japanese listed company.
- Advising Archer Capital on the sale of The Cellarmasters Group to Woolworths for AUD340 million.
- The University of Nottingham, LLB (Hons)
- Nottingham Law School (Dip Legal Practice)
- Grant has been listed by Chambers Asia-Pacific as one of Australia's leading private equity lawyers 2012-2021.
- Grant is recognised by Best Lawyer's International 2013-2021 as a Leading Lawyer in five categories (Mergers & Acquisitions Law, Corporate Law, Private Equity, Venture Capital Law and Leveraged Buyouts) and in 2015 he was awarded Best Lawyers' Venture Capital Lawyer of the Year.
- Legal500 Asia Pacific recognises Grant as a Recommended Practitioner for Corporate and M&A, 2021
- Grant is listed as Highly Regarded by IFLR1000 2022 in Private Equity and M&A.
- He was also a Finalist in the Australasian Lawyer’s 2016 and 2018 “Australian Dealmaker of the Year” Award and a Finalist in the Lawyers Weekly “Australian Dealmaker of the Year 2016”.