Global Co-Chair, Technology Transactions and Strategic Sourcing
Anthony Lloyd practices in the areas of technology, commercial contracts, outsourcing and strategic sourcing. He has led teams advising on multinational projects across Asia, the US and Europe primarily for international corporations acquiring technology and telecommunications systems but also for technology and telecommunications suppliers, providing him with a strong understanding of the commercial drivers for both sides.
His philosophy embraces a holistic approach to meeting clients’ technology needs by leading a team that provides clients with a complete solution to the development and execution of IT strategies, from a legal and commercial perspective.
This provides clients with an end-to-end multi-disciplinary solution to achieve desired outcomes in complex technology transactions – with reduced risk, increased efficiency and simplified execution. Clients value business critical knowledge in benchmarking, strategic sourcing, negotiation support, transition management and ongoing supplier management.
His clients include companies in a range of sectors including telecommunications, aviation, banking and finance, energy and resources, government and insurance.
- University of Technology Sydney, LLB (Hons), 1995
- University of New South Wales, BArch Architecture, 1986-87
- Expert Guides “Best of the Best” Global Technology Lawyers 2019 (one of two Australian lawyers in 32 Globally)
- Best Lawyers Outsourcing: 2011-21, named Outsourcing Lawyer of the year 2015
- Best Lawyers IT: 2012-21
- Best Lawyers Telecommunications: 2012-21
- Best Lawyers Commercial Law: 2016-21
- Leading Individual, Information Technology – Chambers Asia Pacific/Global: 2010-21
- Cyber Security Lawyer of the Year, 2014 and 2016: Corporate LiveWire
- Preeminent Technology, Media and Telecommunications Lawyer, Doyles Guide 2015
- Recommended, Information Technology and E-Commerce - PLC Which Lawyer: 2008–19
- Highly Recommended, Telecommunications – PLC Which Lawyer: 2008-21
- Highly Recommended, Outsourcing – PLC Which Lawyer: 2008-19
Anthony is regularly quoted in and has written for, the Australian Financial Review on a range of topics involving technology and telecommunications and was a guest contributor to its Cloud Computing feature. He has also been profiled in the Australian Financial Review for his international technology restructuring work, and in BRW. He has been featured in the Legal Affairs section of The Australian.
Anthony is a frequent speaker on a wide range of commercial contracting, technology, telecommunications and outsourcing topics.