Noam Goodman’s practice focuses on mergers and acquisitions, financings and complex corporate reorganizations, and general business law.
Noam routinely advises owner operators who are looking at selling their businesses. He has worked with both entrepreneurs looking to sell a minority interest to grow their businesses and owners looking to exit their businesses. Noam has significant experience across all industries and has represented some of the leading retail, services, technology, real estate development and manufacturing businesses in Canada. He has extensive experience in the pharmaceutical industry and works with a number of fast-growing biotechnology companies through their acquisitions, financings and growth capital transactions.
For his expertise in corporate law, specifically in the biotechnology sector, Noam has been recognized by the Canadian Legal Lexpert Directory, Best Lawyers in Canada and LMG Life Sciences. For the past three years, LMG Life Sciences has shortlisted Noam for the Canadian Financial & Corporate Attorney of the Year award.
- Represented StoreForce Solutions Inc. in the completion of a significant capital investment from Accel-KKR.
- Represented Grey Wolf Animal Health Inc. in connection with its reverse take-over of Magen Ventures I Inc. and the listing of the resulting issuer, Grey Wolf Animal Health Corp. (TSXV: WOLF), on the TSX Venture Exchange.
- Represented Rumble Inc. in completion of business combination with CF Acquisition Corp. VI.
- Represented Pandora Retail in a number of Canadian acquisitions.
- Represented Ascena retail group, Inc. in its sale of Maurices Incorporated to OpCapita LLP for approximately USD$300 million.
- Represented Ariston Thermo Group in its acquisition of NY Thermal Inc.
- Represented Tamaka Gold Corporation in connection with its acquisition by First Mining Finance Corp.
- Represented Tribute Pharmaceuticals in all its Canadian acquisitions and licensing transactions.
- Represented Return on Innovation Advisors on its $725 million Reorganization of Funds.
- J.D., LL.B., York University (Osgoode Hall Law School), 1994
- B.Sc. (Honours), Yeshiva University, 1991
- Canadian Legal Lexpert® Directory (Corporate Mid-Market), 2023
- Canadian Legal Lexpert® Directory, Technology and Health Sciences Special Edition, 2023
- Best Lawyers in Canada (Biotechnology Law), 2010–2023; (Technology Law), 2011–2023
- LMG Life Sciences Awards, Canadian Financial & Corporate Attorney of the Year, shortlist, 2020-2022
- LMG Life Sciences, Life Science Star, 2013–2020; 2023
- Listed as Acritas Star™ Lawyer 2017-2020
- Biotech Law Firm of the Year in Canada, 2016 Corporate INTL Legal Awards
- Canadian Legal Lexpert® Directory (Corporate Mid-Market Law), 2018-2019; 2021
- Author, "Canada and Israel revise free trade agreement," The Jerusalem Post, September 21, 2019
- Co-author, "Medicinal product regulation and product liability in Canada: overview," Thomson Reuters Practical Law, July 2019
- Co-author, “Cannabis regulations: Health Canada’s solution to support the Cannabis Act,” Inside Internal Controls, August 2018
- "Medicinal product regulation and product liability in Canada: overview," Life Sciences Global Guide 2018, Practical Law
- "Medicinal product regulation and product liability in Canada: overview," Life Sciences Global Guide 2016/17, Practical Law
- "Ontario Ministry's Expert Report Recommends Big Changes to Province's Corporate Laws," republished in Taxnet Pro, July, 2015.
- Speaker, "The Latest M&A Issues", The Six-Minute Business Lawyer 2018, Law Society of Ontario, June 2018
- Quoted, "Isreal gives green light to medical cannabis exports," The Jerusalem Post, January 1, 2019
- Quoted, "On the Deal: The Mineral Bank," Lexpert Magazine, October 2016
- Quoted, "Health Law: Stress Response," Lexpert Magazine, September 2016
- Past Member, Board of Directors of the Central Community Care Access Centre
Memberships And Affiliations
- Director, Octapharma Canada Inc.
- Member, Canadian Bar Association Member
- Member, Ontario Bar Association
- Member, International Bar Association
- Member, The Law Society of Ontario
My latest insights
Four DLA Piper Canada partners named Leading Life Sciences Lawyers
27 September 2023 .2 minute read
DLA Piper Canada lawyers recognized in the 2023 Lexpert Special Edition on Technology and...
4 July 2023 .1 minute read