Dr Martin HallerPartner
Dr Martin Haller advises on real estate law, in particular on real estate transactions with a focus on German regulated funds. Martin has in-depth expertise in the field of real estate developments as well, where he supports his clients from the property analysis to the construction and realization of a project, including planning and leasing.
Martin is Real Estate Sector Head Germany, member of the International Real Estate Sector Steering Committee and heads the international Development Group at DLA Piper.
In addition, Martin advises on hotel lease, franchise and management agreements.
His clients include national and international real estate investors, German regulated funds and real estate developers.
- Advising GLP on several real estate transactions and project developments for logistics properties in Germany (forward and forward funding), inter alia in Düren, with a lettable area of app. 32,000 sqm, Bietigheim-Bissingen (app. 30,000 sqm), Schifferstadt ( 42,000 sqm), Ingolstadt (app. 12,500 sqm) and Coburg (47,500 sqm) as well as on the conclusion of construction, planning, engineering and project management contracts.
- Advising Catella Real Estate AG on the acquisition and sale of a number of properties in Munich, Berlin, Hamburg, Stuttgart, Frankfurt, Augsburg, Langenhagen, Tübingen, Nuremberg and Cologne, including several mixed-use and office buildings and shopping centres.
- Advising KINGSTONE Real Estate on the acquisition of a number of properties in Nuremberg, Stuttgart, Coburg and Ingolstadt in forward and forward funding structures, including several mixed-use, residential and office buildings.
- Ongoing advice to IHG Hotels and Resorts on hotel leases, management and franchise agreements, development and renovation projects for all brands, in particular for the Intercontinental Hotels Berlin, Düsseldorf, Frankfurt and the Kimpton Frankfurt Hotel.
- Advising WeWork on large-volume leases in Berlin, Munich, Frankfurt, Cologne, Hamburg and Düsseldorf as well as on asset management in general, including architectural and construction law issues in Germany.
- Advising a leading international real estate company on the development of a logistics project worth over EUR 1 billion.
- Advising Aurelis Real Estate GmbH on the acquisition and sale of five properties in Southern Germany, including development projects.
- Advising Savills Investment Management on the acquisition (forward asset deal) of the "Netzwerk" office building in Leipzig with a lettable area of approx. 11,500 m2.
- Advising PATRIZIA on the sale of an office property in Hanover.
- Advising Assembly/Meyer Bergman on the development of an office and residential property in Berlin.
- Advising LIP INVEST GmbH on the acquisition of a logistics property and a logistics development project in a forward asset deal near Brandenburg.
- Advising Conren Land Management GmbH on the acquisition of two office properties in Langen and Düsseldorf.
- Advising Merlin Entertainments on project developments at Legoland Günzburg and Heidepark Soltau.
- Advising The Office Group (TOG) on building law in relation to the operation of a flexible workspace centre.
University of Augsburg, first and second state exams
- JUVE Handbook 2021/2022: Frequently recommended for real estate/project development; “excellent, competent and pragmatic”, “very strong negotiator, quick to react and client-oriented”, client
- Legal 500 Germany 2022: Recommended for real estate and construction: real estate; “Very confident with high experience and market knowledge. Always calm, factual and friendly. Very high competence and experience in different asset classes (office, retail logistics).”; “Extremely strong negotiator and a running lexicon, especially interpersonal very good to steer the other side right.”; “Dr. Martin Haller always keeps the overview and can play the soft as well as the hard tones very well.”
- Chambers Europe Germany 2022: Recommended for real estate; “very smart, customer-focused and clear in his communication; he really cares about us as a customer and explicitly asks for constructive criticism to improve the overall quality of his team and their work.”, client
- Handelsblatt in cooperation with Best Lawyers 2023: Recommended for real estate
Prior to joining the private legal practice, Martin was a senior official at the Board of Building and Public Works at the Bavarian Ministry of the Interior in charge of public building law. His responsibilities included building law enforcement including fire protection issues, development plans and large-scale retail trade. Martin Haller then worked as an attorney for real estate law at an international law firm.
Memberships And Affiliations
- Urban Land Institute (ULI)
- ULI Young Leaders
- Association for Real Estate Research (gif)
- International Real Estate Society (IRES)
My latest insights
DLA Piper strengthens German Finance, Projects and Restructuring practice with partner...
25 January 2023 .2 minute read
DLA Piper advises KINGSTONE Real Estate on the acquisition of a property in Munich
20 December 2022 .2 minute read