Trevor Wong-Chor is a partner in the firm's Calgary office and a former member of the Canadian firm's Executive Committee and practices primarily in the areas of securities, mergers & acquisitions and corporate law. Trevor acts for a diverse range of issuers and investors, including in the areas of oil and gas, mining and the life sciences.
His practice involves providing advice on a range of issues, however, particular emphasis is placed upon advising corporations and investment dealers with respect to securities and business law matters, including advising on private and public offerings of securities, mergers and acquisitions, private equity and securities regulatory requirements. He is a corporate secretary or director of a number of public and private corporations.
Trevor has acted on behalf of issuers in respect of initial public offerings, new issues and has acted for both issuers and/or dealers in respect of public and private offerings of debt, equity and hybrid securities by corporations and limited partnerships, including cross-border financings.
Trevor’s practice also involves acting on behalf of acquirers, targets and boards in connection with corporate acquisitions and dispositions. He has also assisted clients in respect of corporate governance issues, compensation plans and corporate reorganizations and restructurings.
Trevor is also the legal coordinator for numerous issuers with international activities and has significant experience dealing in domestic, North American and international legal issues in the finance and oil and gas sector. International areas of significant experience include, the United Kingdom, Brazil, Colombia, Trinidad and Tobago, Guyana, Chile and Indonesia.
Recent transactions include: advising special committees of Boards on sale transactions; listing of an Australian entity in Canada; acting for investment dealers or the issuing corporations in numerous private and public entity financings; acquisitions; the reorganization of existing companies with a “spin out” of “explorecos”; arrangements and takeover bids involving public entities; re-domicile of Canadian corporations to Jersey, Channel Islands and to the British Virgin Islands; advising on private equity investments and buy outs.
- Acted for Tidewater Renewables Ltd. in connection with its initial public offering for gross proceeds of $150,000,000 and listing on the TSX.
- Acted for Tidewater Midstream and Infrastructure Ltd. in connection with the creation of Tidewater Renewables Ltd.
- Acted for Ensign Energy Services Inc. in its acquisition of a fleet of 35 land-based drilling rigs owned by Nabors Industries Ltd., Nabors' Canadian subsidiary, as well as related equipment, inventory, and real property.
- Acted for Canacol Energy Ltd. in connection with its US$500 million offering of 5.75% senior unsecured notes.
- Acted for Metal Energy Corp., a Canadian mining exploration company, in connection with its listing on the TSXV.
- Acted for Odd Burger Corporation on its go public transaction and financing.
- Advised Tidewater Midstream and Infrastructure Ltd. on $125 million private placement of senior unsecured notes.
- Advising Partners Group in the Completion of its $274 million acquisition of Axia NetMedia Corporation.
- Advising Tidewater Midstream and Infrastructure Ltd. in its IPO and $210 million acquisition financing.
- Acted for Predator Midstream Ltd. in its $107 million acquisition by SECURE Energy Services Inc.
- Acted for Canacol Energy Ltd. on its CAD$125 Million equity financing.
- Acted for Canacol Energy Ltd. on its $220 Million Second Amended and Restated Credit Facility.
- Acted for Canacol Energy Ltd. on its $140 million acquisition of Shona Energy Company, Inc. by way of a statutory plan of arrangement.
LL.B., University of Calgary, 1997
- B.A., University of Victoria, 1992
- Best Lawyers in Canada (Oil & Gas Law), 2017-2022; (Corporate Law), 2018-2023; (Mining Law), 2020-2023
- Chambers Canada (Corporate/Commercial - Alberta), 2019-2020
- Canadian Legal Lexpert® Directory (Corporate Mid-Market), 2018-2023; (Corporate Commercial), 2022
- Listed as Acritas Star™ Lawyer 2019-2020
My latest insights
DLA Piper advises GOLDBECK SOLAR on acquisition of GP JOULE PV North America
20 September 2022 .2 minute read