Mimi BrouilletteOf Counsel
Mimi Brouillette is an experienced healthcare regulatory attorney providing strategic, regulatory, compliance, and transactional advice to clients including health systems, academic medical centers, physician practices, medical device and pharmaceutical companies, investors, laboratories and emerging health IT companies.
Mimi guides clients in their working relationship with regulatory agencies, on matters ranging from fraud and abuse, conflicts of interest, and general compliance. She also advises in mergers, acquisitions, affiliations, and financings in both the for-profit and non-profit context.
Mimi has unique familiarity with the legal, operational and business needs of health systems, having worked as an associate general counsel at a large health system in New York prior to joining DLA. Mimi also has over a decade of experience with Medicare and Medicaid reimbursement and payment matters. She successfully challenged Medicare and Medicaid reimbursement and payment policies and helped providers secure additional reimbursements.
Mimi is a member of the American Health Lawyers Association and a frequent speaker at healthcare law conferences.
- Obtained permanent injunction in a ground-breaking challenge barring HHS from applying the 2008 "self-disallowance" regulation to certain hospital appeals.
- Represented over 50 hospitals in their Medicare group appeals, before CMS and in federal court, and obtained additional supplemental outlier reimbursements.
- J.D., Boston University
- B.A., Northwestern University
- Law360 Healthcare Law Rising Star (2015)
- Co-presenter, "Medicare and Medicaid CHOW," AHLA Institute on Medicare and Medicaid Payment Issues, March 24, 2023
- Co-presenter, "Medicare Litigation Update," AHLA Institute on Medicare and Medicaid Payment Issues, March 23, 2022