Sam Knowles provides counseling and litigation services to both large and small companies on a range of government contract matters, including due diligence for mergers and acquisitions, subcontracting, contract bid and proposal review, and state and local government contract issues.
Sam's experience includes work on bid protests, regulatory compliance issues, trade secret litigation and multiple award schedule contracting.
- LL.M., Government Procurement, George Washington University Law School 2012
- J.D., University of Maryland School of Law 2006
Student Honor Board
- M.B.A., Thunderbird School of Global Management 2000
Beta Gamma Sigma Honor Society
- Chambers USA
- Band 5, Nationwide Government Contracts (2023)
- Speaker, ''History and Recent Trends in Commercial Item Contracting,'' US Department of the Navy, Office of General Counsel Symposium, May 25, 2016
- Co-Presenter, "Debriefings in Federal Procurement: Key Issues and Strategies," L2 Federal Resources, LLC Webinar – Washington, DC (January 31, 2013)
- Co-Presenter, "The Five W's of Bid Protests," L2 Federal Resources, LLC Webinar – Washington, DC (September 20, 2012)
- Conference Presenter, "Implicaciones del Tratado de Libre Comercio Entre EE.UU y Colombia: Como hacer negocios con el Gobierno de EE.UU cuando no se es una empresa estadounidense" (Implications of the Free Trade Agreement Between the US and Colombia: How to do business with the US Government when you are not a US company), Medellin, Colombia (May 30, 2012), Bogota, Colombia (May 31, 2012)
Prior to joining the firm, he worked for a major Aerospace and Defense contractor for six years, working in both the International Marketing and Contracts business areas. In those roles his responsibilities included contract negotiations with commercial and Government customers, export and Foreign Corrupt Practices Act compliance and new business development. Prior to that he taught Spanish, and coached soccer and wrestling at a private school in Pennsylvania.
My latest insights
Lapse in appropriations: Practical tips for government contractors ahead of a potential...
28 September 2023 .7 minute read
Legal issues and trends impacting the aerospace and defense industry
30 November 2022 .2 minute read