Analea Wayne K.C.
Analea Wayne, K.C., is the Canadian Director of Lawyer and Student Development. She is responsible for overseeing the firm’s recruitment, training, professional development and mentorship of associates and students. Analea works closely with firm management to provide first-class talent and performance management, career development, and diversity programs across our Canadian offices.
Analea was called to the Alberta bar in 1999, practised litigation for over a decade including negotiation and trial work, both in private practice and as in-house counsel. She has over fifteen years of experience in recruitment, professional development, performance management, and continuing education, including Assistant Director at a national law firm.
Analea has volunteered extensively within the legal community. She served on the executive of the Canadian Bar Association for many years, and is Past President of the Alberta branch.
Prior to joining DLA Piper, Analea worked at a global accounting firm as a Senior Consultant focused on change management, engagement and behavioural and cultural change.
- LL.B., University of Alberta, 1998
- B.A (Hon.), University of Alberta
- Appointed Queen’s Counsel, 2012
- CBA R.A.R.E. Find (Retention, Advancement, Re-Entry), 2011
- Avenue Magazine Edmonton – Top 40 Under 40, 2010
- Peer Support Volunteer – Alberta Lawyers’ Assistance Society (Assist), 2019 - Present
- National Awards Committee – Canadian Bar Association, 2011- 2016 (Chair, 2014-2016)
- CBA-Alberta Law Conference Organising Committee, 2016
- National Member of Council – Canadian Bar Association, 2007-2017
- Council, Canadian Bar Association – Alberta
- Provincial Court Nominating Committee (Alberta Justice), 2010-2011
- Awards Committee, Women In Law Leadership Awards, 2011-2013
- Chair, Civil Litigation Section, Canadian Bar Association, Northern Alberta Branch, 2006-2007
- Member, Insurance Law Section, Canadian Bar Association, Northern Alberta Branch
- Past Vice President (Seminars), Alberta Civil Trial Lawyers’ Association
- Co-Chair, Alberta Law Conference, 2007
- CBA Law Day Committee, 2004 - 2011
- Past Executive Member, St. Thomas More Lawyers’ Guild of Northern Alberta
Memberships And Affiliations
- Law Society of Alberta
- Canadian Bar Association