Domen BrusSenior Associate
Domen Brus is a finance lawyer who practices mainly in the fields of financing transactions and international infrastructure projects with an emphasis on the CEE/SEE regions.
Domen also advises international clients on a vast range of corporate topics such as mergers and acquisitions, international corporate reorganizations and restructurings, with a special focus on proceedings and transactions in Slovenia.
Moreover, he provides continuous advice to numerous international clients on a vast range of regulatory issues with a special focus on data privacy, cyber security and post-Brexit financial regulation.
Domen has been involved in multiple arbitration procedures in front of commercial arbitration tribunals in relation to various infrastructure projects.
- Advising international institutions on several infrastructure projects, notably in the airport sector, including on-going advice regarding concession and PPP tender procedures. Such work included in-depth due diligence procedures, transaction structuring advice, drafting of the transactional documentation and overall legal support to the client up until the closing.
- Advising an Austrian client on the acquisition of the European subsidiary of a major international banking institution registered in Austria. Our work included advising on various regulatory topics, communication with various supervisory authorities, drafting a complex contractual framework with a payment mechanism, and providing support with the implementation up to the transaction's closing.
- Advising on a EUR 150 million financing for the People's Republic of China (sovereign financing). Including the drafting of the Sovereign Facilities Agreement, the Margin Agreement and other related documents, and contract negotiations with the Chinese parties.
- Advising a multinational technology company on the establishing of a telecommunication network in Slovenia. Our advice included in-depth regulatory assessment of the existing legal framework, the supervisory authority publication etc.
- Advising an European Union institution on the banking matters in Austria, Croatia and Slovenia Our advice included analysing the transposition of certain powers under the Bank Recovery and Resolution Directive (2014/59/EU) into domestic law of the respective EU jurisdiction; and identifying practical obstacles to the use of these powers in the respective jurisdiction, drafting comprehensive memoranda regarding these specific contents, continuous exchange with the client and/or national authorities. This is followed by an in-depth case study for each jurisdiction.
- Advising a French multinational automobile manufacturer on the sale of the whole retail network in the SEE region. The advice included an in-depth due diligence phase as well as drafting of the transactional documentation.
- Advising a Belgian buyer on an acquisition of leading Slovenian company providing disinfection, disinsection and deratization services in a port of Koper.
- Advising various multinational financial institutions on financial regulatory issues in Slovenia with relation to the Brexit.
- Advising some of the biggest oil producers on various matter in relation to Slovenia, ranging from corporate restructuring to tax and regulatory matters.
- Advice to major construction companies, global energetic and transportation conglomerate and other corporations on cross-border M&A transactions, corporate reorganisations and establishing a presence specifically in the countries of the CEE region.
- Advising various European funds on financing projects in the energy sector, including performing in-depth due diligence of several projects, drafting of the transactional documentation and creation/registration of the securities.
- Advising various major international banks, sovereign lenders and other financial institutions on LMA based loan facility agreements regarding cross-border financing together with drafting the accompanying collateral package and the legal opinions.
- Advising private corporations and governmental entities with regard to proceedings before various international commercial arbitration tribunals.
- Continuously advising an American pay television network on personal data protection and general compliance matters in relation to the rollout of their new service in Slovenia.
- Continuously advising numerous international corporations on a vast range of data privacy, cyber security, gaming and other regulatory matters in Slovenia.
University of Ljubljana, mag. prav., 2018
University of Ljubljana, dipl. prav., 2016
- 2016 to 2017, The Land Bank of Slovenia (DBS d.d.), legal intern, Ljubljana, Slovenia
- 2015, Bank Assets Management Company (DUTB d.d.), legal intern, Ljubljana, Slovenia
Memberships And Affiliations
- Odvetnik registered with Odvetniška zbornica Slovenije
- Odvetnik / Niedergelassener europäischer Rechtsanwalt registered with Rechtsanwaltskammer Wien