Mikael Kövamees has extensive experience in all forms of banking and finance, particularly asset finance, leasing and other structured finance.
He has been the lead counsel in a large number of highly complex financing deals in Sweden and internationally, relating to e.g. rolling stock, aircraft, ships, infrastructure and many other types of industrial equipment, as well as project finance, factoring/receivables finance and export finance.
Mikael also advises on corporate law issues and matters of general commercial law as well as litigation and arbitration.
- Advised a leading US financing company and bank in connection with the re-establishment of its vehicle financing activities in Sweden
- Advised a major UK bank leading an international consortium of banks in connection with the entering into of a Multicurrency Revolving Facilities Agreement (and the subsequent amendments thereof) for the approx. GBP 215 mio. financing of an international group of construction business entities
- Advised a Swedish bank in connection with the sale and lease back financing of commuter trains for a major European state owned operator
- Advised a bank owned UK financier and an Asian car manufacturer in relation to the establishment of the cooperation and a stock finance arrangement for vehicles in Sweden
- Advised a major UK bank in connection with the due diligence and subsequent transfer of a substantial portfolio of loans refinanced/ assigned to a Swedish Export Credit Company and supported by state guarantees
- Assisted a North American ECA in conjunction with the sale of aircraft from a manufacturer to a Scandinavian operator, as well as in connection with the subsequent sale of the aircraft to a Norwegian operator
- Advised a leading Swedish bank owned financing company in connection with the financing of a corporate jet for a Danish entity
- Advised a Swedish bank in connection with the drafting of standard documentation for the financing of aircraft and helicopters, as well as for industrial equipment
- Advised a major Asian investor and operator in connection with the negotiations for the establishment of a new Swedish port
- Advised a Swedish start-up financing company in the setting up of its invoice discounting services
- University of Pennsylvania Law School, Master of Law (LL M), 1985
- University of Stockholm Law School, Master of Law (jur kand/ LL M), 1984