Alice Magnan is a partner specialized in corporate/M&A. Alice has a wide range of experience in corporate law, private and public M&A as well as private equity. She regularly advises corporates, investment funds and banks, both on French and cross-border transactions.
- Advising Eagle Football Holdings Bidco (controlled indirectly by John Textor) in connection with the completion of (i) the acquisition of a majority stake in Olympique Lyonnais Groupe, listed on Euronext Paris, from Holnest, Pathe, and IDG Capital and (ii) the subscription to a reserved share capital increase of Olympique Lyonnais Groupe.
- Advising Berlin Packaging France in the context of its acquisition of Disco, a French company specialized in the design, manufacture and distribution of glass bottles in the premium spirits industry.
- Advising Eagle Football (controlled by John Textor) in connection with the signing of the documentation relating to (i) the contemplated acquisition of a majority stake in Olympique Lyonnais Groupe, listed on Euronext Paris, from Holnest, Pathe and IDG Capital and (ii) the contemplated subscription to a reserved share capital increase of Olympique Lyonnais Groupe.
- Advising Crédit Mutuel Arkéa in its majority investment (through Izimmo) in Liberkeys SAS, a digital real estate agency whose activity is generally remunerated on the basis of a fixed commission decorrelated from the value of the property that is the subject of the real estate transaction.
- Advising Sprints Capital (London-based, independent private equity firm that invests in late-stage technology-enabled growth companies) in its investment in Back Market, the leading dedicated renewed tech marketplace.
- Advising Guidewire Software, Inc. (US software company based in San Mateo, California) in its investment in Shift Technology, providing AI-native decision automation and optimization solutions built specifically for the global insurance industry.
- Advising the founders and managers of Circet in the context of Advent sale of its stake to ICG and their coinvestment in Circet alongside ICG.
- Advising Symphony Technology Group (STG), on (i) its acquisition from Hg Capital of the group Trace One, a leading provider of e-collaborative solutions to support manufacturers and retailers of consumer products and (ii) on its subsequent acquisition, through Trace One, of the Selerant group, a global provider of process-based product lifecycle management (PLM) software and consulting services.
- Advising JAGGAER, a leading independent spend management technology company, in the indirect sale through BravoSolutions France (i) of its French advisory business services for procurement departments and (ii) of its French process business outsourcing services for procurement departments.
- Advising Montefiore Investment in the tender offer on Groupe Open, a company listed on Euronext Paris, filed by a special purpose vehicle (New GO) and the key shareholders and managers of Groupe Open acting in concert, followed by the sale and the contribution in kind by such key shareholders and managers of their stake in Groupe Open to New GO.
- Advising The Carlyle Group in the acquisition of a majority equity interest followed by a mandatory tender offer on ENVEA, listed on Euronext Growth in Paris, and a world-class manufacturer of ambient, emission and process monitoring systems and provider of environmental data processing and reporting solutions to industry, laboratories, and government institutions.
- Advising Insightsoftware, a global leader in enterprise resource planning (ERP) and enterprise performance management (EPM) on the acquisition of Viareport, a France-based financial software provider.
- Advising Qualcomm Incorporated on its investment in SES-Imagotag (listed on Euronext Paris) in the context of SES' share capital increase through a placement to institutional investors.
- Paris 1 Panthéon-Sorbonne Law University, Master's degree in Corporate and Tax Law, 2004
- EM Lyon Business School, Master's degree in Management (specialising in corporate finance), 2003
- Legal 500 – Private Equity LBO – Tier 2 – 2022
- International Private Equity (IPEM), Cannes, France, September 2021
Alice joined DLA Piper in November 2019, having previously spent 13 years in the Paris office of a leading international law firm. From November 2008 to April 2009, Alice was seconded within the legal department of ARDIAN (ex- AXA Private Equity).
My latest insights
DLA Piper Represented XTC Europe on its joint venture projects with French SOE Orano
18 May 2023 .3 minute read
DLA Piper advises Eagle Football on acquisition of controlling stake in Olympique Lyonnais
21 December 2022 .7 minute read