Luis Muñoz LL.M.Partner
Luis Muñoz is a tax lawyer, with over 10 years' experience advising on international and corporate tax law, particularly on the tax aspects of cross-border private equity, real estate and debt investments and the tax structuring of regulated and unregulated investment platforms.
Luis Muñoz also advises on the tax elements of corporate restructurings and M&A transactions.
- Advised an Italian eyewear conglomerate on the reorganisation of their European holding company structure to reposition it ahead of major European tax reforms (ATAD).
- Advised on the tax aspects of the sale by a major Dutch bank of Luxembourg wealth management and insurance business.
- Advised a US asset manager on the tax aspects of the acquisition of the construction chemicals business of a German multinational chemical company.
- Advised a sovereign fund on the tax aspects of the acquisition of a landmark building in Frankfurt.
- Advised a leading French insurance group on the tax aspects of the acquisition of a luxury office complex in Luxembourg.
- Advised a US asset manager on the tax aspects of the acquisition of a portion of the real estate business of a Spanish bank valuated at approximately EUR5 billion.
- Advised a UK-based investment bank on the tax aspects of their Luxembourg-based debt issuance platform.
- Université Panthéon Assas (Paris II), LLM in International Business Law, 2012
- Julius-Maximilians-Universität Würzburg, LLM in Europäisches Recht, 2011
- Universidad de Salamanca, Licenciatura en derecho, 2010
- Anti-hybrid rules - A sneak-peek into present and future implications, RGFL, Larcier, 2019
- Corporate exit taxation in Luxembourg part 2, RGFL, Larcier, 2018
- Corporate exit taxation in Luxembourg part 1, RGFL, Larcier, 2017
- 2021 to date: Partner, DLA Piper Luxembourg
- 2017-21: International Law Firm, Luxembourg
- 2015-17: Independent Law Firm, Luxembourg
- 2012-15: Big 4 Accounting Firm, Luxembourg
- Avocat à la Cour registered with the Barreau de Luxembourg (Luxembourg)
- Abogado registered with the Ilustre Colegio de Abogados de Salamanca (Spain)
Memberships And Affiliations
- Member of the Tax Committee of the Luxembourg Bar
- Member of the Spanish Chamber of Commerce
- Member of the Tax Committee of the Luxembourg Capital Market Association (LuxCMA)
- Luxembourg Bar, joined 2015
- Salamanca Bar, joined 2011
- Member of several working groups of the Luxembourg fund industry association, ALFI
- Member of the taxation forum of the Luxembourg banking association, ABBL
- Member of the editorial board of the Revue générale de Fiscalité luxembourgeoise (RGFL)
My latest insights
DLA Piper advises MOD, PFR and PFR Ventures on investment in NATO Innovation Fund
17 July 2023 .3 minute read