Ailish OxenforthLegal Director
Ailish Oxenforth has a broad ranging practice area covering health and safety, environmental, pharmaceutical/medical device issues and food safety.
Ailish has particular experience in advising on strategic health and safety issues, contaminated land and environmental permitting matters and in working with clients to devise practical solutions to complex technical and legal issues.
- Dealing with regulatory authority queries and investigations; preparation, review, amendment and updating of policies and procedures; preparation and review of contractual documentation; strategic advice; corporate and litigation support
- Preparing, reviewing and negotiating contractual documents insofar as they relate to the regulatory issues noted above and advising clients on the legal and commercial implications of such agreements
- Review of and advice on due diligence systems, and suggested mechanisms for closing any loopholes, and
- Negotiating and liaising with regulators when issues are raised following, for example, an inspection of premises or due to a complaint from a member of the public or an employee. This can involve obtaining and reviewing relevant information and putting the best picture forward to the enforcing authority. Ailish also interprets new and changing legislation for clients so that they can understand the practical implications of this, and provides support on the interpretation of legislation insofar as this is relevant to prosecutions.
- University of Sheffield, Law - 1st Class Honours
Ailish is a frequent speaker at seminars and training events, and is a regular contributor to external publications.
April 2004 - Dec 2008, DLA Piper, Associate, Safety Health and Environment/ Regulatory Group, Sheffield
May 2001 - April 2004, DLA Piper, Associate, Safety Health and Environment Group, Birmingham