David B. ParrishPartner
David B. Parrish focuses on representing institutional investors in their alternative investments, working alongside Nicole Brennig, co-leader of the Firm’s institutional investor practice, which represents more than 300 investors, both US and non-US based.
David primarily focuses on private markets, representing capital in primary commitments, co-investments (whether direct, syndicated or co-underwritten), LP secondary transactions, continuation vehicles, other sponsor-led transactions, separately managed accounts, and other portfolio-related matters (such as GP removals and LPAC issues).
David’s experience encompasses all types of alternative investment strategies, including private and public market strategies. His private markets experience extends to buyouts, credit, real estate, venture capital, growth, energy, real estate, timber, infrastructure, commodities, mining, and agriculture; his public markets experience extends to all liquid alternatives, among them LDI, long-only, and absolute/relative return strategies. David also has substantial experience in seeding new platforms and acquiring stakes in sponsors.
- J.D., University of Houston Law Center
summa cum laude
- B.A., University of Texas at El Paso
- Chambers Global
- Band 1, USA Investment Funds: Investor Representation (2020-2022)
- Band 1, USA Investment Funds: Private Equity: Fund Formation: Investor Representation (2019)
- Chambers USA
- Band 1, Nationwide Investment Funds: Investor Representation (2018-2022)
- The Legal 500 United States
- The Best Lawyers in America, Corporate Law (2017-2021)
- Recommended, Private Equity Funds (including Venture Capital) (2019-2022)
Memberships And Affiliations
- State Bar of Texas
- National Association of Pension Plan Attorneys
- American Bar Association – Business Law Section, Institutional Investors Committee