Arnold has experience in technology and data protection law, the South African Renewable Energy IPP Procurement Programme, general corporate finance, preference share funding, as well as experience in financial services regulation and experience conducting both corporate and financial due diligence investigations.
Areas of FocusFinanceFinancial Services
Professional QualificationsAttorney of the High Court of South Africa
- Conducting a due diligence investigation in respect to the provisioning of equity loan finance by an investor to the borrowers - transaction consisted of financing various projects such as one solar pv project, the construction of biogas generation plant, and the construction of two charcoal manufacturing plants to the estimated transaction value: R206 m.
- Advising a development finance institution on funding a senior term loan facility to a state-owned entity in respect of improving and repairing its aging infrastructure to the amount of ZAR500 m.
- Advising on the funding provided to a client by three major South African banks financing a ZAR1,3 billion preference share subscription agreement, an aggregrate of ZAR2.7 bn facility agreements and entering into a ZAR400 m revolving credit facility to be used to fund its general corporate purposes and to refinance its existing debt.
- Assisted and was part of the team that advised a JSE listed coal mining company to establish a 67 MW (AC) Photovoltaic plant in Limpopo, South Africa to supply renewable energy to one of its coal mining facilities whereby he attended to the drafting of the EPC and O&M Agreement's regarding the project.
- Advising Amazon in respect to South African legislation particularly relating to the National Payment System and regulations relating to TPPP’s.
- Drafting Transaction Documents for a major South African financial institution in respect to its vendor providing it with cryptocurrency blockchain technology in respect of the South African Reserve Banks development of CBDC.
- Advising a pension fund with its equity investing into a social impact fund in respect to its expansion within the South African local property market to a funding value ZAR400 m.
- Advising clients on various POPIA compliance related matters in respect to their data protection policies.
Golden Key International Honour Society
*Denotes experience from a previous firm.
+27 (0)11 302 0884
(Work, South Africa)
+27 (0)81 705 5214
(Mobile, South Africa)