Koen Selleslags is a corporate lawyer with a focus on mergers and acquisitions, private equity and corporate structuring.
His transactional work involves assisting clients during the complete process of investing in, or divesting of, businesses (due diligence, negotiating and drawing up transaction documents, and dealing with related disputes).
Koen acts for both corporate clients and private equity firms in M&A transactions and also has extensive experience in venture capital investments.
In his corporate structuring practice, he supports clients with various types of company reorganisations (on one of which he has written a book).
He further provides general advice on a wide range of subjects related to company law.
Koen has often been included in the reference guides Chambers and Legal 500.
- Advising a major Belgian company in OTC pharmaceuticals concerning various international acquisitions.
- Advising a listed Belgian company in bakery products concerning various international acquisitions.
- Advising a listed German company in the chemicals industry concerning the disposal of a business unit.
- Advising several multinational companies in concerning the restructuring of their corporate structure.
- Coordinating the construction of a pre-IPO data room for a large Belgian company.
- Inbreng en overdracht van bedrijfstak en algemeenheid – Aspecten van vennootschapsrecht, (Contributions and transfers of business units and universalities - aspects of company law), Brussels-Ghent, Larcier, 2004, VIII + 229 pp
- Artikel 618 W.Venn. - interimdividenden, (Article 618 of the Companies Act - interim dividends), Kluwer’s commentary per article concerning company law, 2008, 21 pp
- Various seminars on aspects of company law
2000 to 2006, Corporate law, large Belgian based law firm
1995 - 2000, Corporate law, PricewaterhouseCoopers
Memberships And Affiliations
- Member of the Antwerp Bar