Lianna Bash is an outstanding appellate and trial court litigator who focuses her practice on high-stakes, complex disputes.
Lianna has a range of experience, including qui tam litigation, consumer protection and antitrust actions, patent infringement cases, and securities litigation and SEC investigations. She regularly practices in courts throughout the country and has broad experience supporting the life sciences and technology sectors.
Lianna also has a significant appellate practice in federal and state appellate courts throughout the country. Lianna has recently obtained favorable appellate rulings in the Ninth Circuit and multiple state appellate courts.
A selection of Lianna’s engagements includes:
- Represents life sciences innovator company in qui tam lawsuit alleging fraudulent procurement of patents from the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office. Obtained from the Ninth Circuit interlocutory reversal of motion to dismiss ruling.
- Represents a precision electromechanical component and assembly manufacturer in a patent litigation involving hard disk drive (HDD) suspension assemblies.
- Represents several international insurance companies in coverage disputes stemming from the COVID-19 pandemic. Secured early dismissal with prejudice of many cases throughout the country and obtained favorable appellate rulings in state and federal appellate courts.
- Represented underwriters in securities class action in connection with bio-pharmeceutical company’s IPO. Secured dismissal of claims.
- Represented clothing company in consumer protection lawsuit brought by the Washington Attorney General.
- Represented founder of SaaS company in Washington state action alleging violations of the Washington State Securities Act.
- Represented owner of general acute care hospitals in several federal court lawsuits related to the company's provision of charity care.
- Represented bio-pharmaceutical company in securities class action in federal court. Secured dismissal of claims with prejudice.
- Represented coffee roasting and distribution company in federal court action alleging the company's directors breached their fiduciary duties to the company. Secured dismissal of claims with prejudice.
- Represented electronic design automation company in federal securities class action. Secured dismissal of claims with prejudice.
- Represented glass manufacturer in lawsuit alleging price fixing in violation of federal antitrust laws.
- Represented television provider in consolidated consumer class action alleging exclusive dealing in violation of federal antitrust laws.
- Represented multinational consumer products company in a consumer class action alleging false advertising.
- J.D., University of California, Berkeley, School of Law
- B.A., Political Science, University of Wyoming
summa cum laude
- Partners with King County Bar Association’s Domestic Violence Legal Advocacy Project to represent survivors of domestic violence in appellate proceedings. Obtained favorable appellate ruling after argument in front of the Washington State Court of Appeals.
- Secured favorable ruling from the Tenth Circuit Court of Appeals on behalf of property owners who were deprived due process by local government authorities.
- Represented victim of police brutality in appeal to the Ninth Circuit.
Clerk and Government Experience
- Judicial Clerk, Honorable William J. Riley, United States Court of Appeals for the Eighth Circuit
Memberships And Affiliations
- Member, DLA Piper Associate Advisory Council
- DLA Piper FCA Strike Force