Helen HallLegal Director
Helen Hall has particular experience on TUPE, employment issues relating to outsourcing, shared services arrangements and other projects in both the public and private sector.
Helen also has experience with employment issues relating to corporate transactions, executive recruitment and termination including associated corporate governance issues, reorganisation and redundancy and data protection in the employment relationship.
Helen works pro-actively with clients to assess the impact of new and forthcoming developments in employment law and how to implement them alongside business goals and operational needs.
Helen regularly represents her clients in employment tribunals and has significant experience in managing a wide range of claims for unfair dismissal, breach of contract, equal pay, age, religious, race, sex , sexual orientation and disability discrimination.
Helen is a member of the firm's public sector group.
- Advised a utility company, dealing with all aspects of employment law; implementation of new legislation; management of complex grievances, disciplinaries and disability cases; dealing with employment disputes, employment tribunal claims; outsourcing; restructures; and managing the employee relations framework and relationships with recognised trade unions. Helen leads DLA Piper’s employment relationship with the client.
- Advised DVLA on a significant IT insourcing including training for managers, advice on application and scope of TUPE, reviewing contract provisions for implications of TUPE application or not, advice on measures and information and consultation, advice on changing terms and post-transfer restructures.
- Advised on the HR aspects of a major outsourcing for a Bank including assessment of tender submissions, negotiation of the contract terms, information and consultation in a unionized environment, assignment for TUPE purposes and dealing with challenges regarding TUPE assignment.
- Advised on the employment issues arising from the global business sale involving businesses in 20 countries across the world including coordinating multi-jurisdictional advice on employee communication and consultation issues, negotiation of commercial sale terms regarding employment issues, management of associated severances and post transaction international re-organisation.
- Acted for telecoms company in relation to industrial action by recognised unions including advice as to strategy, legal issues and practical management of the situation.
- Acted for media company in claim for disability discrimination and constructive dismissal valued at approximately GBP2 million.
- Advised utility company in successful defence of claim by over 150 employees asserting time spent on standby/on-call is working time.
- Advised a number of organisations in a range of sectors including hospitality, financial services, technology, professional services and manufacturing to carry out a gap analysis and implement a readiness programme to implement the GDPR in relation to HR data and the employment relationship.
- Acted for global technology company on the data privacy and employment law issues relating to a Diversity and Inclusion data collection and analysis project across 20 jurisdictions within Europe, Americas, Asia, Australia and Africa.
- Acted for technology company - conducting an investigation into bullying and harassment allegations, advising on strategy to deal with the complaints, negotiating an exit and settlement agreement.
- University of Warwick, LLB Law
- Nottingham Law School, LPC
My latest insights
DLA Piper advises Iovance Biotherapeutics, Inc. in its acquisition of Proleukin®
30 January 2023 .3 minute read