Dr Martin HallerPartner
Co-Managing Partner Germany
Dr Martin Haller is regarded as one of the leading real estate lawyers in Germany and focuses in particular on real estate transactions involving German regulated funds. He is an expert in real estate development projects, supporting his clients every step of the way from property analysis to the construction and realisation of a project, including planning and leasing advice.
Clients value his many years of experience and excellent market knowledge in all real estate asset classes.
Before becoming a lawyer, Martin was a senior official for public building law at the Board of Building and Public Works at the Bavarian Ministry of the Interior.
He gives seminars on real estate law and is a frequent speaker at real estate conferences throughout Germany.
- Advising GLP on real estate transactions and development projects for logistics properties in Germany, as well as on the conclusion of construction, planning, engineering and project management contracts.
- Advising Catella Real Estate AG on the acquisition and sale of various properties in Germany, including mixed-use and office buildings as well as shopping centres.
- Advising KINGSTONE Real Estate on the acquisition of several properties in Germany in forward and forward funding structures, including mixed-use, residential and office buildings.
- IHG Hotels and Resorts on hotel leases, management and franchise agreements, development and renovation projects for all brands.
- Advising WeWork on large-volume leases as well as on asset management in general, including architectural and construction law issues in Germany.
- Advising a leading international real estate company on the development of a logistics project worth over EUR 1 billion.
- Advising Aurelis Real Estate GmbH on the acquisition and sale of five properties in Southern Germany, including development projects.
- Advising Savills Investment Management on the acquisition and sale of various properties in Germany.
- Advising PATRIZIA on several multi-jurisdictional projects, as well as ongoing advice on planning and public building law, leases and purchase agreements in relation to a number of properties in Germany.
- Advising Assembly/Meyer Bergman on the development of an office and residential property in Berlin.
- Advising LIP INVEST GmbH on the acquisition of a logistics property and a logistics development project by way of a forward asset deal in Brandenburg.
University of Augsburg, first and second state exams
- Top ranked for Real Estate/Real Estate Development and Construction in Germany, JUVE Handbook 2022/2023
- Top ranked for Real Estate and Construction in Germany, Legal 500 EMEA 2023
- Top ranked for Real Estate in Germany, Chambers Europe 2022
- Recommended for Real Estate, Handelsblatt in cooperation with Best Lawyers 2023
- DLA Piper named Law Firm of the Year for Real Estate, JUVE Awards 2020
- Handelsblatt in cooperation with Best Lawyers 2023/2024: Recommended for real estate
- Neueste Entwicklungen zur Beendigung des Gewerberaummietvertrages aus wichtigem Grund und die Tücken des Schriftformverstoßes, 19 May 2023
- Auswirkungen des Gebäudeenergiegesetzes auf Immobilieneigentümerinnen und -eigentümer, 03 May 2023
- Auswirkungen des Lieferkettengesetzes auf die Baubranche, 22 March 2023
- BGH: Bauhandwerkersicherung nach § 650f BGB auch für einseitig angeordnete Nachträge, 08 March 2023
- Die Energiepreisbremse nimmt auch Vermieter in die Pflicht, 27 February 2023
Memberships And Affiliations
- Urban Land Institute (ULI)
- Association for Real Estate Research (gif)
- International Real Estate Society (IRES)
My latest insights
DLA Piper advises YAYS on expansion into Germany with 200 key serviced apartment project...
6 September 2023 .1 minute read
DLA Piper advises Catella Real Estate on acquisition of production property
1 August 2023 .3 minute read