Jordan LevySenior Associate
Jordan Levy is an employee incentives lawyer who helps companies set up and operate incentive plans. He specialises in advising on the global legal, regulatory and tax issues which apply in each jurisdiction where an incentive plan is used.
In order to make it easier for clients to obtain and implement global legal and tax advice, Jordan has developed an online platform called DLA Piper Lookout.
His clients are not sector specific and include listed and unlisted companies across Europe and the US.
Jordan has been on two client secondments whilst at DLA Piper which has given him practical experience in how companies operate their incentive plans.
Jordan has presented with clients at the Global Equity Organization and ProShare industry conferences.
- Advised a Fortune 500 company on a legal and tax review of its executive plan which delivered cash and shares in 24 countries.
- Provided advice in 20 countries to an unlisted company on the operation of its first all employee incentive plan. Jordan advised on local regulatory filings and the employee communications.
- Provided global advice in 16 countries for a FTSE100 company on an all employee incentive plan.
- Assisted a FTSE100 bank on a tax review of its executive incentive plan in 15 countries.
- Set up a FTSE250 company’s first all employee plan in over 60 countries. The project required approvals in African countries where incentive plans are less common and a SAFE consent so the plan could be operated in China. This plan won an industry award.
- Advised one of the largest banks in Switzerland on all legal, regulatory and tax issues related to operating its incentive plan in over 50 countries.
- Set up an all employee plan in nine countries for an unlisted UK company which offered employees loans to purchase shares. This plan won an industry award.
- Provided legal and tax advice in 50 countries to an Israel listed company and to a US listed company in 40 countries.
- Assisted a Fortune 500 company to roll out its executive and all employee plans to 12 countries outside the US.
- BPP Law School, Legal Practice Course, 2006
- University of Leeds, LLB, Law degree, 2005
- ICSA Certificate in Employee Share Plans
- Global Equity Organization conference 2019, Amsterdam
- ProShare conference 2018, UK
- ProShare webinar 2018, UK
- Incentives seminar 2017, Israel
- 2013-19, Managing Associate, boutique incentives law firm
- 2012-13, in-house, UK government owned company
- 2008-11, global law firm
My latest insights
Luxembourg – new Profit Sharing Scheme, repeal of Stock Option Circular and Impatriate...
12 November 2020 .2 minute read