Fredrik Lindblom focuses on banking and finance law as well as projects and corporate transactions. His experience covers a broad range of finance, projects and corporate work, focusing on complex energy and infrastructure, acquisition, structured and asset transactions.
He has advised a range of leading financial institutions and corporate clients on some of the largest finance and debt capital markets transactions in the Norwegian market and internationally. Fredrik also has significant experience in shipping, offshore and oil services finance, energy and infrastructure/PPPs and real estate finance, security and guarantee matters and banking regulatory and compliance.
Fredrik has performed lead-counsel role, headed up and managed large international teams of lawyers on high value and complex transactions internationally (in up to 15 jurisdictions for a single transaction) through his career. His experience and expertise means that he is able to co-ordinate and manage large documentation as well as jurisdictional coordination projects in an effective and efficient manner.
- Candidate of Jurisprudence
- Practice head Fredrik Lindblom acts on financing and refinancing agreements, and often assists organisations from the energy, construction and industrial manufacturing sectors. Interviewees report that he offers "strong technical knowledge" combined with "commercial awareness." Chambers & Partners, 2019
- "Fredrik Lindblom is an experienced adviser to lenders, handling transactions in the energy sector as well as real estate finance. He led an international DLA Piper team assisting a consortium of lenders with a cross-border EUR228 million debt facility for an onshore wind farm in Norway. A client describes him as "very service-oriented and eager to get the job done."
Chambers and Partners, Europe 2018
- "Fredrik Lindblom leads the team, holding significant international experience of project finance, bond loans and mezzanine structures. One client describes him as "pragmatic and very service-minded, with broad experience of banking and finance matters," adding: "He is very easy to co-operate with and has a good knowledge and standing in the market."
Chambers Global 2017
- "Fredrik Lindblom leads the team and advises a range of clients on banking and finance issues. Sources say: He is extremely service-minded, available and able to deliver at very short notice…"
Chambers Global 2016
- "The ‘strong and client-friendly’ team at DLA Piper, led by Fredrik Lindblom, combines substantial experience in straight lending matters and complex financings with a robust regulatory practice..."
Legal 500 2016
- "Fredrik Lindblom is praised for his "good commercial understanding" and is described as "reliable and proactive." His expertise includes project and debt finance and he has an extensive banking clientele."
Chambers Global 2015
- "Practice head Fredrik Lindblom receives many positive references from clients, who say that "he is very interested in the commercial side of the business." Another comments: "He is extremely knowledgeable about structured finance and what is going on in Europe. He is also a charming individual."
Chambers Global 2014
Fredrik is regularly quoted in international publications on matters relating to energy and infrastructure projects and finance in Norway and the Nordics.
- 2019 - ; Partner, DLA Piper UK LLP
- 2007 - 2019 ; Partner, law firm DLA Piper, Norway
- 2005 - 2007 ; Legal counsel, Nordic Investment Bank, Finland
- 2000 - 2005 ; Associate, law firm in Oslo, Norway
Memberships And Affiliations
- Member of The Norwegian Bar Association
- Registered with the International Bar Association
- Senior advisory board of DLA Piper's EMEA Energy Working Committee
- Council member on the Nordic council for the International Project Finance Association (IPFA)
- Deputy Chairman of the board of the Norwegian African Business Association (NABA)
My latest insights
DLA Piper advises lenders on NOK11.4 billion Skanska Norwegian infrastructure project
28 June 2023 .2 minute read
DLA Piper advises John Laing on partnership in Norway's largest-ever PPP
13 April 2023 .2 minute read