Felix Ndi-Obiosa is a project finance and development lawyer with extensive experience advising on energy and infrastructure projects across Africa, Asia, Europe and the Middle East.
Felix has considerable experience advising on oil & gas and power generation projects (including renewables) in sub-Saharan Africa and works with clients across the energy value chain.
His clients include governments, national oil companies, sponsors, project companies, traders, commercial banks and development and international financial institutions.
Felix is a key member of the firm’s Energy and Natural Resources, Project Finance and Africa initiatives.
- Advising Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation on the financing of a USD 1.5bn forward sale of crude oil.
- Advising the Lenders and Export Credit Agency on the development and financing of a USD 2.5 billion Ajaokuta-Kaduna-Kano (“AKK”) Gas Pipeline project in Nigeria.
- Advising a consortium on the rehabilitation of state owned refineries in Nigeria.
- Advising Oando on its USD525m reserve based lending facility provided by African Export-Import Bank.
- Advising Victoria Oil & Gas on a farm-in to an oil block in Cameroon.
- Advising an oil & gas trading company on its USD 245m revolving credit facility.
- Advising the purchaser on the sale and purchase of 2 million bpd of crude oil from a sovereign entity in the Middle East and the associated financing arrangements.
- Advising the sponsor on the development of a Liquefied Petroleum Gas Storage Facility in Rwanda.
- Advising the EPC contractor (in its capacity as lender) of a 200 MW CCGT power project in Ghana in relation to a USD27m equity bridge financing and vendor financing arrangements.
- Advising the sponsor on its acquisition of a minority shareholding interest in a 50MW gas-fired independent power plant project in Afghanistan.
- Advising the sponsor on the development of a 150MW gas to power project in Nigeria.
- Advising the lenders on the financing of the Red Sea Project, in Saudi Arabia.
- Advising the lenders comprised of Rabobank, LBBW, NORD LB on their EUR 160 million financing to Highfield Solar Limited of two separate solar power projects in Ireland with a total capacity of 282 MW, both projects secured capacity under the recent Renewable Energy Support Scheme 1 auctions.
- Advising the incoming lenders on the £62 million refinancing of an onshore wind farm project in Scotland.
- Advising the purchaser on the USD 300 million acquisition of a minority shareholding in two hospital projects in Turkey.
- Advising the Lender and Export Credit Agency on the EUR 81 million financing of an IT park in Ukraine.
- Advising the UK Department for Transport on the refinancing of a train project.
- The College of Law, Postgraduate Diploma in Legal Practice, Distinction, 2011
- University College London, LLM Commercial Law, Distinction, 2010
- Queen Mary University of London, Law LLB, 2009, Upper Second Class Honours
- The Power Sector & What Lies Ahead For Africa hosted by the British Ghanaian Law Union
- 2012 to 2015, Trainee and Associate in the London office of an international law firm
Memberships And Affiliations
- Association of International Petroleum Negotiators