Petr SamecSenior Associate
Petr Samec is senior associate focusing on Corporate law, especially M&A, restructuring and commercial contracts, with almost 20 years’ experience advising clients on acquisitions and sales, launching business in the Czech Republic, transformation, reorganisation and corporate governance.
Petr's primary focus is in the field of pharmaceutical and medical law within the Life Sciences sector. He provides legal counselling to a wide range of Czech and foreign clients in relation to pharmaceutical products and medical devices, including launching new products on the market, drug marketing authorisations, reimbursement from public health insurance and pricing regulation, clinical trials, promotion and advertising, sponsoring, interactions with healthcare professionals, etc.
During his career he has participated in projects that have included legal audit/due diligence, preparation and negotiation of transaction documentation, and related Corporate and Commercial law issues.
A significant part of the agenda is constituted by commercial contracts, in particular distribution contracts, goods supply contracts, warehousing agreements, volume bonus agreements, marketing and PR contracts, clinical trial agreements, as well as special pricing arrangements with health insurance providers.
Petr also has experience in Employment law, including individual employment contracts and sensitive manager agreements, employee benefits and premium plans, reductions of workforce and redundancy, as well as agency employment.
- Advising Berry Global, a global manufacturer and market leader of innovative plastic packaging and engineered products, on the sale of Promens Zlín to leading CEE private equity fund ARX and the Promens Zlín management.
- Advising an USconglomerate active in number of sectors of industry, namely its Videojet Technologies division, in acquisition of distribution business of marking and coding assets of JaGa spol. s r.o., privately owned Czech business in the Czech Republic and Slovakia.
- Advising Lidya Inc., a leading African fintech company providing small loans, in connection with launching their business in the Czech Republic including assistance with corporate and IP structure, employment issues and tax implications.
- Advising Envista Holdings Corporation, US-based dental equipment and supplies manufacturing company, in connection with the sale of its KaVo Treatment Unit and Instrument business to planmeca Verwaltungs GmbH.
- Advising Asmodee Group SAS, a France-based leading games publisher, on the acquisition of European fantasy and trading card games distributor ADC Blackfire Entertainment Group in total value of EUR45.5m.
- Advising ASC Investment, the private equity firm, on acquisition of VITRABLOK, the Czech manufacturer of the glass blocks, from Seves Group.
- Advising Arcadis NV, the world's leading company delivering sustainable design, engineering, and consultancy solutions for natural and built assets, in connection with the sale of its Czech and Slovak business to the management of the Czech subsidiary.
- Advising an UK-based entertainment company on acquisition of Musée Grévin Prague.
- Advising an US-based fully integrated biopharmaceutical solutions company on clinical trial nursing services project.
- Advising a multinational pharmaceutical company in connection with the implementation of a new direct-to-hospital distribution model, including preparation of related contractual documentation.
- Advising an international biopharmaceutical company on the preparation of a local master distribution agreement for selling innovative medicinal products in the Czech Republic.
- Charles University in Prague, Faculty of Law, Mgr., 2005
- Since 2011, Senior Associate, DLA Piper Prague LLP
- 2009 – 2011, Associate in one of the leading law firms in Central and Eastern Europe
- 2005 – 2008, Junior Associate in one of the leading law firms in Central and Eastern Europe
- 2001 – 2005, Paralegal in one of the leading law firms in Central and Eastern Europe
Petr is key contact for Czech pro bono matters. He develops local practice and regularly contributes to various pro bono projects.
Memberships And Affiliations
- Czech Bar Association
My latest insights
DLA Piper advises Cube Infrastructure Managers on acquisition of MVV Energie CZ
12 December 2022 .2 minute read
DLA Piper advises Wirtualna Polska on a deal to acquire international Szallas Group
12 September 2022 .3 minute read