Martyn ScottLegal Director
Martyn Scott practices in the area of commercial litigation, with particular focus on procurement law, including advisory work on procurement risks and public law and Martyn acts for both the public sector and suppliers. His clients include public bodies and companies in a range of sectors including health, transport and hospitality.
- Successfully acted for The Department for Transport in the 2019/2020 Rail franchise litigation.
- Successfully supported Government Legal Department in defending a claim for the Department of Health and Social Care against The Good Law Project in relation to contracts for anti-body tests for Covid 19.
- Acted for a large train manufacturer on a high value procurement challenge.
- Acted for a public body in defence of a procurement challenge in relation to the award of a rolling stock contract worth hundreds of millions of pounds.
- Acted for Uber in successfully bringing a judicial review against Knowsley MBC relating to a licensing issue.
- Newcastle University, History Degree 2:1, 1995
- Newcastle University, MA in History, 1997
- College of Law, York CPE, 1998
College of Law, York LPC, 1999
- Chaired session at Public Procurement: Global Revolution IX at Nottingham University in June 2019
My latest insights
+44 11 3369 2205
+44 74 3630 3519