Paulo Renato BarrosoPartner
Paulo Renato Barroso is experienced in government contracts; public procurement proceedings; civil, business and corporate litigation; and assisting financial institutions, O&G and telecom companies in judicial proceedings across the country. His practice includes advising foreign and national companies on structuring and developing their activities in Brazil, including investment in partnership negotiations.
Before joining the firm, Paulo worked as general counsel of an oil and gas company focused on high technology. He additionally practiced as an in-house corporate lawyer and as a partner at several major Brazilian law firms.
DLA Piper and Campos Mello Advogados (CMA) are separate and independent law firms, which work in cooperation with one another. Partners of DLA Piper are not partners of CMA; and CMA partners are not partners of DLA Piper.
- Advised a Norwegian company in its expansion to Brazil and signing of charter agreements with a major petroleum company for FPSO services at a value of $1 billion
- Assisted a real estate company in setting up its operation in Rio de Janeiro at a value of BRL100 million
- Assisted in the creation of an oil company in Brazil and its registration before the National Agency of Petroleum (ANP) at a value of $500 million
- Assisted in the settlement negotiation of a lawsuit regarding airplane crash compensation in a total claim of $10 million
- Assisted in a block trade sale of a minority stake in a Brazilian Stock Exchange publicly listed company at a value of $60 million
- Assisted in the creation of an investment fund within the Brazilian oil and gas sector at a value of BRL200 million
- Assisted in the purchase and sale of economic rights over soccer players at a value of $10 million
- Assisted in due diligence and monitoring of more than 10,000 lawsuits throughout Brazil related to the restructuring of a retail company
LL.B., The Law School of the State University of Rio de Janeiro
- Author, "Execution of Electronic Documents," Direito e Tecnologia, Editora Liber Ars, 2019
- Author, "Sport’s Court According to the 1988 Constitution and Pele Law," Projeto Novos Autores, Centro Universitário da Tijuca, 2000
Memberships And Affiliations
- Brazilian Bar Association (OAB), São Paulo
- Brazilian Bar Association (OAB), Rio de Janeiro
- Distrito Federal and Amapá Chapters