Cindy BorsShe/herSenior Associate
Cindy is a class action defense litigator with experience in complex litigation involving mass tort, product liability, regulatory action and property damage.
Her focus is in the Life Sciences, Sports, Consumer Goods, Food and Beverage and Insurance sectors.
Cindy has represented ASX listed companies, pharmaceutical companies, medical device companies, professional sports leagues, multinational franchises, insurance companies and other corporations in claims which frequently cross international borders.
Cindy is an American and Australian citizen originally from New York. She is a founding director of the North American Australian Lawyers Alliance (NAALA) and served as an editor of the Melbourne University Law Review.
- Defending an ASX-listed company regarding alleged misleading and deceptive conduct in a Federal Court Class Action (ongoing).
- Acting for an international medical device company in relation to an allegedly defective medical implant in a Federal Court Class Action (ongoing).
- Defending a professional sports league against competing class actions in the Supreme Court of Victoria regarding risks associated with concussions sustained during the course of play (ongoing).
- Acting for a global insurer in relation to a nationwide recall of consumer goods in the Supreme Court of Victoria.
- Acting for an automotive company in relation to losses arising from the supply of allegedly non-compliant component parts for motor vehicles that led to a global product recall.
- Frequently acts in tortious claims involving public spaces and has a proven track record of successfully negotiating "bear own costs" settlements.
- Experienced in handling sensitive matters including coronial investigations and incidents involving children.
Cindy provides pro bono legal assistance to Refugee Legal, Youthlaw's Legal Pod Program, is a SPEAK Mental Health Ambassador and is the US liaison for DLA Piper's Iris network.
Memberships And Affiliations
- Vice President of the North American Australian Lawyers Alliance Inc
- Law Institute of Victoria
- International Bar Association
- Australian Insurance Law Association
- Women in Insurance (Victoria)
My latest insights
Insights from the US: will knowledge, recklessness or negligence in Australian securities...
15 August 2021 .10 minute read