Sebastian Decker LL.M.Partner
Sebastian Decker advises national and international clients in the area of mergers and acquisitions and corporate law, including complex cross-border projects. He has a long-term and continuous history in advising clients in the Industrials (in particular Transportation and Manufacturing) and Consumer Goods sectors.
Furthermore, Sebastian is experienced with joint venture as well as corporate venture capital projects.
He has vast experience in projects involving emerging markets and is the head of our Africa-Desk for Germany. He is a frequent speaker at workshops and conferences as well as the author of publications in relation to emerging markets.
In addition to his qualification as a lawyer in Germany, Sebastian holds masters degrees in Law and Economics from the Universities of Manchester, Rotterdam and Bologna and has previously been seconded to DLA Piper's San Diego office.
- Advising Rolls-Royce plc on the acquisition of its aerospace electric and hybrid propulsion business, eAircraft, from Siemens.
- Advising Lufthansa Technik AG on the sale of its majority shareholding in Lufthansa Bombardier Aviation Services GmbH to the Canadian business jet manufacturer Bombardier.
- Advising Samsung Electronics on its investment in Verimi GmbH.
- Advising TÜV Rheinland AG on the acquisition of CERTIO, a Spanish road safety and mobility company.
- Advising Otto Group on the sale of the group's quality assurance and product safety service provider, Hansecontrol Group to Qima, a leading global provider of supply chain compliance solutions headquartered in Hong Kong.
- Advising KRAHN Chemie Group, part of the globally active Otto Krahn Group, on the acquisition of majority stakes in six companies from Jollis AB & Partners, Sweden.
- Advising apoprojekt GmbH, a German construction company providing office space for real estate owners, on the acquisition of Planungsgruppe Schneider & Partner Beratende Ingenieure mbH, an engineering firm for technical building equipment.
- Advising Helios Investment Partners (Helios) and the Egyptian-American Enterprise Fund (EAEF) on the acquisition of a 96.7% stake in Misr Hytech Seed International (Misr Hytech).
- Advising the Highberg Group, based in the Netherlands, on the acquisition of the German Schickler Unternehmensberatung GmbH.
- Ernst-Moritz-Arndt University Greifswald, Bachelor of Laws, LL.B., 2006
- Ernst-Moritz-Arndt University Greifswald, First State Examination, 2007
- University of Manchester, Erasmus University Rotterdam, University Bologna, Master in Law and Economics, LL.M., 2008
Hanseatisches Oberlandesgericht, Second State Examination, 2011
Awards & Recognitions
- Legal 500 Germany 2023: Next generation lawyer and recommended for M&A: mid-sized deals (-EUR500 million)
- Handelsblatt in cooperation with Best Lawyers 2023: Recommended for corporate and M&A
My latest insights
DLA Piper advises Cepheus Growth Capital Partners on investment in Komari Group
15 February 2023 .1 minute read