Dr Wolfram DistlerPartner
Wolfram Distler is a banking & finance lawyer with over 20 years' experience advising multinational corporates, international private equity investors, financial institutions and debt funds on acquisition financings, corporate financings, public take-over financings, growth and venture debt financings, financings in the energy and infrastructure sector, mezzanine financings, Schuldschein financings and financings in special situations.
Having worked as a lawyer in Frankfurt, Munich and London, Wolfram knows the European debt market inside out and has helped his clients getting their deals done in all phases of the credit cycle.
Wolfram has particular sector know-how in energy and infrastructure, IT, healthcare, chemical industry and steel industry.
- Advising the borrower on the financing of the acquisition and construction of one of the largest offshore windparks in the world.
- Advising Vita 34 Group on the financing of the public take-over offer for Polski Bank Komórek Macierzystych, Europe’s largest cord blood bank.
- Advising European debt investor EURAZEO on a unitranche financing for technology company Kinetics Group, including add-on financing.
- Advising European debt investor EURAZEO on a unitranche financing for European IT service group Avenga Group, including add-on financing.
- Advising Credit Suisse on the financing of the acquisition of Reichelt Elektronik Group by Inivision.
- Advising Israel-based growth financier The Phoenix on a borrowing base facility for telecom start-up everphone, provided together with Deutsche Bank.
- Advising an international PE fund on the Unitranche financing of the acquisition of an leading international digital service provider provided by an international debt fund.
- Advising Golding Capital Partners on several debt investments in the German and international markets.
- Advising Feralpi Group, a pan-European steel producer, on a syndicated corporate financing provided by UniCredit Bank AG and BNP Paribas S.A..
- Advising LINET, a European healthcare specialist, on a syndicated corporate financing provided by a club of international lenders.
- Advising a club of lenders on the financing of the acquisition of a battery storage portfolio in Germany.
- Advising a renewable scale-up on a convertible loan, growth financing and pre-IPO financing.
- University of Munich, second state examination, 2000
- University of Oxford, University of Munich, PhD, 2000
- University of Passau, first state examination, 1997
Awards & Recognitions
- JUVE Handbook 2022/2023: Frequently recommended for energy law: regulatory and energy sector: transactions/financing; “pragmatic, competent and solution-oriented”, “good lawyer, always trying to find an efficient solution”, competitor financing
- Legal 500 Germany 2023: Recommended for industry focus: energy and restructuring and insolvency: restructuring
- Handelsblatt in cooperation with Best Lawyers 2022: Recommended for banking and finance law
- IFLR1000: Recommended for banking and capital markets: debt
My latest insights
DLA Piper advises VARTA AG on agreement with banks on restructuring concept
27 March 2023 .2 minute read