Kaja Herrmann is a certified specialist in employment law (Fachanwältin für Arbeitsrecht) and a Certified Information Privacy Professional / Europe (CIPP/E) with over 10 years of experience advising multinational clients particularly in the technology and financial sectors on all kinds of labor and employment, employee privacy and compliance matters.
Kaja conducts negotiations with works councils for clients on co-determined matters, including the conclusion of balance of interests and social plans for restructurings and outsourcing projects of all sorts, and has in-depth experience in conciliation committee proceedings.
Kaja particularly has a strong sense of responsibility and always strives to achieve the best results for her clients by providing high quality and solution-orientated advice.
Kaja is co-editor of a handbook that gives practical guidance for the creation of employment agreements governed by German law (Arbeitsverträge in Textbausteinen, 4th Edition 2017 and 5th edition 2020).
- Led and coordinated for a US technology group an international restructuring project in twelve countries.
- Successfully defended a service company for temporary living solutions against the applicability of a generally binding collective bargaining agreement.
- Advised an international airline on restructure parts of the business, including negotiation with the works council.
- Advised an automotive training company on the restructuring/outsourcing of parts of the business, including negotiation with the works council and handling of the mass dismissal litigation cases.
- Advised a service company for temporary living solutions regarding a compliance investigation on gross misconduct, including successful defense in the extraordinary terminations lawsuits.
- Advised a US technology company on co-determination topics, including dispute resolution in conciliation committee proceedings.
- Advised a German financial institution in an internal investigation compliance case.
- Higher Regional Court Koblenz, Second State Examination, 2009
- Johannes Gutenberg-Universität, Mainz, First State Examination, 2006
Kaja is co-editor of a handbook that gives practical guidance for the creation of employment agreements governed by German law (Arbeitsverträge in Textbausteinen, 5th Edition, 2020).
- 2015 - 2017, Employment lawyer at another major law firm in Frankfurt
- 2012 - 2014, Lawyer in the HR department of a US bank
- 2009 - 2012, Consultant at a chamber of tax consultants
Memberships And Affiliations
- German Lawyers' Association, DAV
My latest insights
DLA Piper advises EQT Ventures on Series A financing round in food biotech start-up Formo
11 October 2021 .2 minute read