Christopher C. PaciPartner
Chris Paci has substantial experience representing investment banks and US and foreign issuers in a broad range of capital markets transactions. Mr. Paci also has extensive experience in the corporate aspects of financial restructurings, including by acting as counsel to US and non-US companies in chapter 11 reorganizations and related ancillary proceedings. In addition, he has significant experience in merger and acquisition transactions.
These include registered offerings and private placements of equity, equity-linked, high-yield debt and investment-grade debt securities; and exchange offers, tender offers and consent solicitations. Chris also has significant experience in merger and acquisition transactions and debt restructurings.
Chris has worked with companies in many industries, including aerospace/defense, consumer/retail, healthcare/life sciences, manufacturing, mining and natural resources, technology and telecommunications, often in connection with leveraged acquisitions or recapitalizations. The transactions in which he has been engaged have involved issuers in Europe, Latin America and Asia, as well as in the United States and Canada.
Chris regularly advises company clients regarding SEC reporting and disclosure requirements and corporate governance matters.
- J.D., Stanford Law School 1989
- Fulbright Fellow, Universities of Rome and Perugia 1986
- B.A., Yale University 1982
magna cum laude
- The Legal 500 United States
- Recommended, Capital Markets Equity Offerings – Advice to Managers (2015-2022)
- Recommended, Capital Markets Debt Offerings – Advice to Issuers (2016-2019)
- The Legal 500 Latin America
- Recommended, Latin America: International Firms Capital Markets (2018-2019, 2021-2022)
- Recommended, Latin America: International Firms Banking and Finance (2022)
- Recognized in Latin Lawyer 250 (2016, 2017, 2018 and 2019)
- Chris has been named a New York Super Lawyer
Chris speaks regularly on securities law topics at the Practising Law Institute, Knowledge Congress and other venues.
- Moderator, "Deriving Maximum Value From Your Board," LatAm Tech Forum 2017, Coral Gables (May 2017)
- Moderator, "Corporate Governance in Choppy Times," LatAm Tech Forum 2016, Miami (April 2016)
- Panelist, "Going Public: What Are the Trade-offs," LatAm Tech Forum 2015, Miami (May 2015)
Civic and Charitable
- Lawyers Alliance of New York, Board of Directors (February 2017 – to date)
- Read Ahead Inc., Board of Directors (March 2017 – to date)
- Stanford Law School Board of Visitors (2005 – 2008; 2010 – 2012)
- Harlem School of the Arts, past Board Chair (2008 – April 2010)
Memberships And Affiliations
- Association of the Bar of the City of New York; Past Member, Financial Reporting Committee
- American Bar Association
My latest insights
DLA Piper awarded Proximo’s 2022 “Deal of the Year” for Innergex Renewable Energy’s...
6 March 2023 .3 minute read
DLA Piper advised Innergex Renewable Energy in its US$803.1 million refinancing, named by...
19 January 2023 .2 minute read